Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
sorry cant help you there Ian but im going to it in november so I hope its ok ...colleen
Thanks colleen

I just want to email to request rooms with aircon when we arrive if any available

(I have those photos ready for posting to you if you can PM me your address)

GM06
Ian
Ian we couldn't find an e-mail address for them last time we stayed there, we had only booked a standard room so we jumped in a taxi at the airport and made sure we got to the hotel before the bus so we could upgrade, we were unpacked and heading for our usual bar by the time the bus got there. We are staying in the superior rooms at Christmas so we won't have any problems (or shouldn't) I believe they have upgraded the standard rooms and bungalows for this season so they may all have AC now.

Debs
Ian
The website says all rooms have A/C , sadly there is no email adress
x lassi

I am so sorry I thought it was the Silver Sands Colva, please ignore, must get new glasses :(
Give this one a try, but as usual you may be waiting for a reply.
silversands_candolimbeach@rediffmail.com
DebnPete - No problems with the Superior Rooms, we've stayed in them for the last two seasons!!

As far as I was aware last season only superior rooms had A/C, everyone else had to pay extra for it.

Have a great time, wish I was going this season!!
Lozza07 what rooms would you say were good to ask for we will upgread when we get there but I would like to know before we go :cheers colleen
IC from what I have seen the only rooms that are worth staying in are the superior (the bright colour buildings) however in past seasons they have only been available to First Choice customers. The bungalows look OK too, but they are snapped up very quickly. The standard rooms, unfortunately, are very dark and in need of doing up. But most people seemed fairly happy. Another thing I did notice was that the people who stayed in the standard rooms seemed to get bit more (coincidence?). Hope this helps... any more questions ask away!! Lx
Colleen, i stayed there in Feb with my lad, we had a superior room and they were fine, but boys will put up with more than girls! :rofl

we put up with the fact that: The balcony door did not lock properly.
The loo seat was broken.
The water was not always hot.

But hey, you only sleep there, and the staff were great!

J.
Hi Lozza 07

We had to pay extra to upgrade last time we stayed there, the new superior rooms weren't quite finished when we got there but had a look at them before we left and as you say only available to First Choice, so that's who we have booked with.

Colleen we had a room overlooking the pool which was basic but OK we paid extra for the fridge and AC, I have read somewhere (maybe on another forum) that the bungalows and the old part have now been refurbished and all rooms now have AC, so you should be ok but just to make sure get to the hotel a.s.a.p. that way you'll get a better choice, that's if you don't manage to get hold of them before hand.

Debs
Thanks Deb julian01 and Lozza07 as long as we have a fridge we will be happy im fine with just a fan .....we did go and have a look last year at the SS we like where it is ..it is the block above the pool we would like to be in ..do you know do all the rooms in that block look out to sea ....and do you know if you get a TV can you get any english channels on it (well sky news and sport) haha cus thats all im allowed to watch :rofl oh one last thing is the safe in the room ......colleen

We had one of the bungalows a couple of years ago and although it was basic,we really liked the little verandah area at the front,the a/c at the time was around £75 per fortnight,but there is a ceiling fan which was good enough for me in December.
Lovely friendly staff, would stay there again.
Colleen not all the rooms in that block face the pool, there are rooms at the back as well, we were shown to one of these when we got there it was very small and dingy, so we asked for a room facing the pool, it cost us about £75 (for 2 weeks) but for that we also got the AC and a fridge but no TV. The safety deposit boxes are in a small room just off reception the cost was about 25 rupees per day, but remember to take your own padlock. As I said before I'm sure that I've read that the hotel has been refurbished. What day do you come home we get there on the 14th Dec and was hoping to finally meet you before you left.

Debs
:yikes Debs to think we paid 200 rupees a day ..yes pr day for a box in the prazeres hotel :whoops :offtop debs im sorry you and I wont get to meet gemma33 is right we come home on the 12th I thought we were going on the 23rd nov but we go on the 20th sorry about that .....colleen
Hi guys - We really liked it there.

TV had a lot of reasonable channels!! Not that we watched it alot, but as we were there for 3 weeks sometimes it was nice to chill out in the room, as far as I'm aware only superior rooms have TV. These rooms are limited, I'd be suprised if there were any left when you get there. You can see the sea from these rooms but only from a side view. The balconies are nice, but as Julian said the doors don't lock properly. Safe in reception. As for the A/C we probably could have lived with out it - the fans are very good. Breakfast - don't waste your time... just get down the beach!!! (only a 3 minute walk!!)

Lx
I like silver sands, have stopped there twice, once in a basic room (very hot in March) and in a bungalow (great). I had a look round the posh rooms last year - very nice!
has anyone got email or phone number for silver sands :tup
silversands_candolimbeach@rediffmail.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.