Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi GMO6 Ian
We had exactly the same on our tickets and also had the covering note when we travelled in December there was no problem at Dabolim when showing the note so you can relax :sun2
when we travelled in December there was no problem at Dabolim

Thats good to hear, thanks for letting me know

GM06
Ian
We stayed at the Silver Sands for 2 weeks late November onwards. A thousand times better than the Prazeres that we stayed at last year .... whoops, off-topic.

Anyhows, we also had the confirmation letter of 25kg and we HAD to produce it at Dabolim or we'd have been charged for excess. They dont have any other reference to cross-check other than the FC letter, so please keep it with you on departure. Once shown the letter, there was no problem at all.
I have stapled it (Multiple times) into the front of our ticket book

Did you use the safe at Silver Sands? are they the two key type or are they a seperate padlock also can you remember how much to rent

GM06
Ian
Ian I think it was only 20 or 30 rupees a day ..they do have a pad lock but you could always bring your own one .....I can remember this when we went to the Prazeres it was 200 rupees a day there YES A DAY
Thank you irishcollen for the information about the padlocks, so pleased to hear you and the Irishman are back safe and well.

GM06
Ian
The 26th or 21 days time not that i am counting at all

GM06
Ian
is the safe actually in your room and if we bring our own padlock do we still have to pay for renting the safe? We also have the FC letter regarding weight so i will make sure i don't lose it!!!

Just hoping now that FC haven't overbooked our superior room and moved us, as i won't know until wednesday evening when get home from Cyprus and the tickets should be on the mat :cheers
silver angel the safe is not in the room its behind the reception desk and also in a little room beside the desk also ....
there could be one in the superior room but im not sure
We stayed at the Silver Sands in December in a superior room, there is no safe in the room, they are in reception as IC said in a little room off to the right. We were charged 20 rupees per day. We also had the letter from First Choice regarding our luggage allowance and didn't have any problems at Dabolim on our return.

Debs
thankyou for the replies, very helpful :)
well, what can I say!!!

further to my previous post we arrived home from our new year holiday and no tickets for our Goa holiday on 15th jan on the mat, I phoned First Choice yesterday and they said they had not received them from tour operator yet, so will get them re-printed and sent out to me so we get them on monday.

First Choice have just phoned me saying that our superior room at Silver Sands is overbooked and they have moved us other accommodation in Calungute. Please can someone advise me what to do as we go next thursday and this holiday has been booked for 11 months and I don't think they can do this at such short notice without compensation. By the way, I am disabled so booked Silver Sands because of its proximity to the beach, restaurants etc.

The hotel they are offering us is the Palmarinha, which I think is a long way out so we would need to get taxis to everywhere which we have not budgeted for in our spending money. I am so upset at the moment and am waiting for First Choice to phone me back as I haven't accepted anything yet.
I'd phone Ros Fernihough on 01922 705134 before accepting anything. Ros is a travel law solicitor who often assists our members. She will give you free advice.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :tup
:cry That is awful silver angel to do this this close to your holiday is just not good at all and to think you booked this almost a year ago I just hope you get something sorted and soon please let us know how you get on ....colleen
thankyou Glynis for the prompt reply, Ros and her PA are not in until monday though. In the meantime First Choice have phoned back saying they will only give us 14 pounds each off for Palmarina and NO compensation. But they need to know today and I will not accept this meagre amount.

What do I do now, I can't get hold of Ros until monday and First Choice need to know today so they can re-print tickets and get them sent out and book the room at Palmarina hotel - I won't sleep all weekend now with this worry and stress.

Also, their attitude is they just do not care about their customers (being that I am disabled) - so we will NOT be booking them for next year to Goa so they have lost good customers, we will book with another travel agent who cares more about their customers.
Try to google your problem and see if any info comes up, sorry i cant be if any more help, this is very bad practice of FC. Did you ask to speak to someone higher up than the person you spoke to, just a thought.GEl
hi gel

actually, no I didn't think of that because I am so very stressed and upset now - do you think I should speak to a manager?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.