Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ok thanks green-eyed-lady, will phone FC back now and will try and phone ABTA

I never thought of these things, thankyou so much

will let you all know later on
This is just a cynical move to fill a hotel that nobody wants as it's half way towards Mapsa and taxis everwhere will soon eat into your money.I'd insist on a full refund as it's a major change and book again, http://www.charterflightcentre.co.uk are offering flights from Gatwick on the 15th for £262 and if you know your way around there's lots of accomodation available. Alan
Agree Gramps - I'd demand a full refund. Get a cheap flight and sort your own accommodation out when you get there. We did that in November and got a three bedroomed, kitchen, dining room, lounge first floor flat for 500rps a night.

You really don't need this aggravation, do you? Especially having booked so far in advance. Hope you sort it out - sometimes good results come from mess ups!!
Agree with the others. There should be a lot of choice once you get out there. However, hopefully FC will come up with something that is acceptable. You know you can find out here very quickly if it is or not.
Unfortunately First Choice could not find any accommodation in Candolim, they said it was the Palmarinha and no compensation - I told them they were in breach of contract to which they said they were not, but have cancelled and getting a full refund which will be in our account end of next week.

I am gutted as we always book 10 or 11 months ahead for Goa and have never had this happen to me before.

One thing is for sure, we will NEVER use First Choice again for any holiday-they just didn't care that I am disabled and don't need this hassle 6 days beforehand. Must say that I am not impressed with their Customer Service Dept.

Thankyou to everyone who has posted today and supported me with this issue, and helped me. Would be even more stressed if it wasn't for Holiday Truths and the good friends I have made on here and especially the Goa forum which is the friendliest.
get right on to sorting out your holiday :) You might even find that you get a cheaper deal than you paid FC for. Start a new thread to let us know if you want help hunting out deals/accomodation.
I've already PM'd her re this, I'm pretty sure that this hotel in question is not even in Calangute, far less Candolim, mabey some of the members on the ground could confirm this. To move you to another resort is definitley a Major change and entitles you to a Full Refund, Just because the tour company chooses to say it's in Calangute means nothing. They'd tell you anything to suit their own ends. Alan
I've started a new thread on this as its pretty urgent due to lack of time to sort things out
Message deleted and posted to correct forum
Posted in error :duh

GM06

Ian
  • Edited by GM06 Ian 2009-01-10 15:03:51
This is just another example of the way things are being handled now with the "big two" holiday companies. Booking a year in advance gives you no guarantee at all of either your selected holiday, or indeed your departure airport, or flight time. As they amalgamated, they have become more and more ruthless in their pursuit of profit, and the customers wishes are furthermost from their mind. In this particular case they had a downturn in the market, and an out of the way hotel that they were determined to put bodies in. We'll never know, but I'll bet the room rate the company is paying this hotel will be rock bottom, with excess capacity, the travel companies think they can call all the shots. What can one do?, well I for one would far prefer, if I was wanting a package, to use the smaller companies, such as the likes of Travelpack, Olympic Holidays, or Jewel in the crown.I think you'll find, in the whole, they are less likely to treat you with contempt than the big two. The other option is of course to go scheduled, but as the journey times are longer, and certainly no cheaper,it's not for everbody. Alan
hi angel

im really sorry that i cant help as ive looked on quite a few websites but i havent been able to find anything in candolim but you have loads of people lookin so im sure you will find something...

we go tomorrow so i may even see you there

angie xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.