Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi,

yes exactly the same happended to me, letter arrived Thursday of last week. Offering same accomodation. I eventually got through and transferred to Highland Beach resort, which cost me more money! this is totally unnacceptable,l i booked my Holiday on the 30th October 2007.

I specifically booked this holiday as i am disabled, it was ideal close to beach and 2 storey buildings. i am trying to contact the hotel to see if i can get a ground floor apartment, if i cant ,my girlfrined and i will have horrendous trouble getting up flights of stairs! does any one know the number or email address for HIGHLAND BEACH RESORT? Was really looking forward the my holiady, really apprehensive now!!
Gary
highland_goa@sancharnet.in This is e-mail address gary
dunk :tup
Just got off the phone to First Choice customer services to check if this affected our booking to Silver Sands on 26th January 2009.

The advisor told me that the room problem at Silver Sands relates to flights going out on the 20th of November 2008 only, and our accomodation was unaffected.

The problem they had with reduced room allocation has now been rectified and does not affect anyone else.

If it was me due to travel around those dates i would be ringing customer services to put my mind at rest.

GM06
Ian
Irishman, how did you get on, is everything ok for you both at the Silver Sands?
Hi, We have booked Silver Sands from 7 Feb 09 for 21 nights flying from Manchester, phoned First Choice they say no probs with that date at all.But no further bookings will be taken in 2009 for SIlver Sands,so it looks like First Choice have dropped it from their brochure. Ihope this helps.
  • Edited by sakakaki 2008-11-10 17:00:11
Hi Dunk,

thanks for that, tried that email address already. It came back as 'mailed returned'

cheers

Gary
I have sent the silver sands 3 e mails in the last few weeks and they have never got back to me :que would anyone have the e mail address for them incase the one I have is wrong ....colleen
Hi GMO6 we are travelling on the 20th we did ring customer services and they did,nt know anything and the lady who they changed was,nt travelling on our flight so my attitude is dont believe anything they say till we are on the plane :que :tup .slan(cheers)
Hi just been on to customer services again on a number kindly provided by a HT member and they say it only affects people who have booked superior rooms it seems they over booked :duh whats new,its goodnews for us as we only booked standard rooms but bad news cause we where hoping to upgrade when we arrived,so i can only hope not to many of you get the dreaded letter :( .slan(cheers)
im sorry for you all who had booked to go to silversands.. we had the same problem with FC, we booked for another hotel and it got cancelled but fortunate for us we are going to the palmarinah resort,as i undersatnd its supposed to be better than the one we had :que if anyone has been there recently could you give me an update please.. btw i have e mailed them and they have responded very quick an very nice e mails...
We are styaing at the Silver Sands from the 14th December and have booked a superior room, we booked this last December and will be extremely annoyed if they say they have overbooked. I think it is disgraceful that they offer you different accommodation and then expect you to pay extra when it is there mistake, we have stayed at the Highland Beach before and whilst it is a good hotel I wouldn't pay extra to stay there. We had a look at the Palmarhina last year as we had relatives staying there and it is a lovely hotel, just too far out.

Debs
Debs have you phoned them to ask if your booking is ok ..when we rang Y/day they said the problem is with the superior rooms and I do remember you telling me you have one booked all the best I hope everything is ok for you .....colleen
:wave: Collen I've only just found out about this tonight as I've not been on the forum for a couple of days, going to have a look on FC website now and check my booking, see if anything has changed. We got our final invoice a couple of weeks ago when we paid off our balance and everthing apart from the flight number was as we had booked it last year. I think I will email them and see if there are any changes, will let you know the outcome.

Debs
I think its a disgrace too and hope you all get it sorted satisfactorily
chilly
We got our tickets this morning and everything seems to be OK :tup , it still states Silver Sands Holiday Village, so hopefully everything is ok. I did e-mail them last week to ask if there were any changes and all I got back was an automated acknowledgment nothing else.

Debs
Irishcolleen is at the Silver Sands and everything is ok, she hasnt been moved to a different hotel or anything. She text me today and she has a room overlooking the pool on a high up floor, which she likes best, so thats great news.
That's good new Gemma I know she was worried about the rooms, it sounds as if she is in the same block as we were the last time we stayed, we overlooked the pool from the second floor.

:cheers Debs
It might be worth keeping an eye on tickets guys- we were booked in at the Silver Sands in a superior room from 15 Jan for 2 weeks.

When we got the tickets we'd been moved- phoned First Choice who had definitely written to us on the 8th December. Neither us or the couple who we're travelling with had seen this letter.

Had a hunt around here and tripadvisor and it looks like the hotel we've been moved to (Highland Beach) is still good so no real room to complain.

:offtop Can't say as we're too impressed with FC this year- so far they've changed our direct flight to via gatwick, beggared up the luggage allowances and moved our hotel with 2 weeks notice- not a huge complaint- just needed to get that off my chest! :tongue

Never mind- 2 weeks and we're on the beach :cheers :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.