Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
silver sands
12 Posts
50pounds colleen? What a rip off!!

Just a thought, could you not take your own mini safe, and keep it in your room, but obviously keep the key with you when you go out?
They only cost around 5-10pounds, but im not too sure about the weight of one.

Nicola
Surely it would be easy for someone to actually steal a mini safe and break it open at their leisure? Just a thought.

Candybabe
yes, that didn't spring to mind.

I think your reply is in the wrong thread?
as there isnt any mention about mini safe's in this thread :?
edit
moved to correct thread now :wink:
Fiona ht mod
200rps!!!! What a rip off !!!
There again the Prazeres have often tried it on in the past with "Free" A/C or fridge, which turns out to be "Oh, sorry the offer does not apply at this time but can let you have it at the special half price".
Think this is about a bit of pocket money for the front desk if they can get away with it.
I use a Goan friend who is a jeweller and leave all my valuables in his safe. Nowt flimsy about a ton 'n half of steel and concrete.
Before that never paid more than 25rps per day and most times free. Still worth checking the security of some deposit boxes as a tin opener would get into some of them.
Hi Colleen , we stayed at silver sands last year and I am very sorry I cannot remember exactly but I have a feeling the cost was low , definitely nothing like £50
Hi IC

the highland beach don't charge for safety deposit boxes, dont forget we have a place there which we rent out, email me to let me know when you are coming back and i can give you a price. Glad to here you are home safe and sound.

Mike
Welcome back Colleen

We stayed in the Silver Sands last year and I think we paid about 350 rupees for the safety deposit box for the fortnight, I know it wasn't a lot. If you are thinking of staying there try to book a superior room as the basic ones are just that very basic, it cost us an extra £70 odd pounds for a fridge, A/C and safe, that was staying in the old block and the bungalows are not much better. The hotel itself is in a great location and the staff were nice, although the breakfast was very slow and left a lot to be desired.

Hope this helps - Debs
Hi IC, I agree with DebnPete we stayed there in March and had a superior room!! Going back in March 08 - great location! Also, I can't remember an exact price but I know it wasn't a lot.
L
Hi Colleen

Silver Sands safety deposit boxes are 20 rupees a day. I know this to be fact, as I was staying at the Prazeres at the same time as you (got back on the 12th), and we had friends in the Silver sands who tipped us off to this fact.

The Prazeres was a right rip off. The Beer/Spirits were far more than anywhere else, and they nearly always added 'extras' to the bill.

I remember hearing an Irish accent whilst having a few beers on e evening before we went out for food, and the thought crossed my mind it could be you, but the chances were that low, I didnt want to embarras myself. Pity.

You might not have wanted me to address you though, as I was with the large group of folk you probably noticed. :lol:
awww Razpag.1 you should have said hello ....we had our H/T blue bands on all the time so that in its self must have been the give away :rofl :rofl
I know what you mean about things on the bill that you never got .we had to watch them like a hawk :roll: :roll: 140 rupees for a vodka and then you had to pay for the coke too .......mike took hubby and I to ANAND bar and the vodka was 12 ...yes..12 rupees and the coke was 8 rupees ......
I have to say at prazeres of a night there was always lots of people about and we always loved a night cap before bed .......im only too sorry you never said hiya to us ....colleen
Hi Colleen.

I wasnt aware of the wristband thingy .... I've only been on this DG a handful of times and havent come across this info before. I now know for future reference ... :D

Too right about the bar bills/staff though. We wouldnt have minded if it was every now and again, due to the poverty and low wages in the country. But, time after time, they were adding extras on, and when 'signing out' of the hotel, they tried to burden us with a mini-bar bill of 650 rupees. Damned cheek, as we hadnt touched the mini-bar once.In fact, we had provided our own water, and 2 days before we were due to leave, they emptied the entire fridge stock .... our water with it !!!!

I personally wouldnt stay there again, just as man and wife. As we were in such a large group, we kinda had a laugh whatever was going on anyway.

PS .......... a tip for anyone staying at the Prazeres and ordering food round the bar area. It can take 3 days to receive your order if it is taken by the waiters. Well allright, maybe not 3 days, but about 1 hr on average. Go to your room and order via room service (it doesnt carry any extra charge), and the food will be there in 10-15 mins, then carry it down to the bar area. Sounds mad, but when your hungry, its the best thing to do. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.