Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Silver Sands
52 Posts
Have been to Silver Sands twice. Lovely place to stay really near the beach. Also near the restaurants annd bars. Staff really friendly. Definately a basic hotel - do not go if you are at all fusy. I would defiantely go there again.
If you do a search on the Goa Forum you will be able to read previous posts; I think there are quite a few on Silver Sands. It is a great location; virtually on the beach at Candolim. You will have a great time!
hello all!
I am staying at the silver sands in april and was wondering what those of you who have stayed there make of it?

I have read all the reports but really want some advice on which part of the hotel is the best place to stay? Is it the cottages or main part of the hotel itself?
hi! my aprents returned a few weeks ago!

they say that the best part is the hotel building not the cottages as everybody wealks past the cottages and dont get as much privacy! apparently the best rooms are either F10 or F11 if you can request them! They look out to the pool and beach area.

Im thinking of booking here for december. Who did you book with?
Hi lauraj , I am staying there too, did your parents enjoy it?
You can book silver sand through - jewel in the crown, First choice and odyssey worldwide.
I booked through first choice as I got a good deal , thanks for the info about the rooms as I was wondering whether to change room to cottage , but sounds like I'm best leaving it as it is.
hiya!

yeah my parents loved it! they only went for a week but wish they could have stayed longer!

I have been looking at first choice, and for a week in december it is coming in at around £520! so think i will book.

I would keep the nromal hotel room if i were you!

Its in a good lcoation, do you know where it is already? its down the beah round with good restaurnats nearby, and theres always taxis avaliable!

They used the pool. They say it was small but just right! not overcrowed!

have fun!
I think you may find Jewel in the Crown or Travelpack cheaper than First Choice. Not sure though if Travelpack use Silver Sands. It is a popular hotel; we know several couples who return every year. The staff are friendly and the location is unbeatable; two minutes to the beach! Our friends stayed in one of the bungalows ( i think they have been recently updated) and had no complaints.
Stopped at Silver Sands for last 4 years. Stayed in 1st floor top, ground floor back, ground floor front and this year a bungalow. Bungalow is by far the best appointed room but you do get every one going past. The main block however echos and you can hear every door open and close.
Tried to book for next year and all the flights for a three week holiday are booked up. Had to book flight only and look for alternate accomodation as I hear Silver Sands are only booking rooms through the three tour operators mentioned. Tried all three last year and first choice had the best deal.
Enjoy your stay. By the way, they now have some new rooms which are supposed to be very nice with TV's etc. These are located just above the Angarra restaurant on the beach road. Look nice but may be a little noisy.
thanks for all the posts, they are really helpful! :D

In reply to your question , i booked with First choice.

19 days to go!
Hi Everyone
I know we have a hotel review page on here, but there are quite a few conflicting views on the silver sands. Has anyone been there in last few months? I have been quoted a price of £577 pp for next March with First Choice airline trying to avoid Monarch by booking early i know where silver sands is and have had a brief look round it last year. I know its not the best but any additional help would be greatly appreciatiated.

Paul and Anne
hi Paul
Silvver Sands is probably the best location in Candolim and travelling with First Choice is better than Jewel in the Crown.
we stayed there from 19th March-2 April The bungalows are ok basic but do-able -if you get the hotel rooms particularly on the ground floor -you just as well book into a prison-DISGUSTING!!-I think first choice now offer an option to book a bungalow-at a price-but if you do like us and complain to reception after check in the bungalow will probably be available any way- for free-see my full report on this page-and in the hotel reviews! :shock:
Paul,
we booked the silver sands for the same time as you, then cancelled after reading several poor reports from this season. Re booked with first choice ex manchester to the phoenix park at a cost of £1280 including £40 for admin costs. So total difference was about £80 extra.
Admit we had a look around the SS and thought it was OK but only saw the bungalows and found out at home that to upgrade to one of these made it dearer than PPark etc.
hope this helps
del949
Thanks for the advice both of you! Del, who did you book with for that price for PP? That would be our 1st choice but prices were coming up really high.
The bungalows are 7.00 per person per night extra - I should know - I have just changed to one after reading the report by DJFrostie.
If you do a search on this site there is quite a lot of info on the Silversands by suesteph who is a regular there.
Well just booked Phoenix Park for 27 March next year cost us 1300 quid but least we know we will be getting good accomodation Have you been to the Phienix before Del and what time you going next March and also fliying with first choice and not :swear Monarch
Paul
Paul , have PM'd you

del949
been trying to post this for 10 minutes but cant log in.....

anyway can someone tell me where abouts silver sands holiday village is in comparison to phoenix park. I am coming out nov 14th and this is the cheapest place..I cant even find a flight for £300 :x

thanks
I have pmd you re logging in- but just incase you can't log in to read it(!), have a look here for a possible solution.
:) Its fine, right by the beach. Its having some work done at the moment, I stayed last March and will be back there next March. The staff were great but some have moved on this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.