Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Silver Sands
52 Posts
:) Lots of work going on around there but hopefully will all be cleared in a couple of weeks. Yes Alwin worked in the Angarra for the last 5 years. He's very excited about thenew venture and so am I but unfortunately won't be out there until 3 December so will miss the opening night! The Silver Sands shack Ceu Mar opened the other day.
Thanks for that Candy, hope to see you in December we will be there at the same time, either at the Weds meet at Mai Thai or in Colour of Spice.

Debs
thanks but where is it?
Hi Veagasone, from Pheonix park turn right cross over turn left at taste of China (Country side pub on top) past Sportsbar & Iferno Turn right towards Peacock Pub and their it is . Their is a photo of marian somewere on the Candolim pages outside the main entrance,
I think everyone got sidetracked from your original question! :lol:
allan.
thanks I can see it on http://www.johnthemap.co.uk now. not sure wether to book it and fly FCA premium or go cattle class and stay at phoenix
I would go cattle class and stay at Pheonix :gluck Allan
hi vegasone,
I worked for FCA until recently, and cattle class seats on the aircraft are excellent. 33inch legroom leather seating compared to monarch at 29".
I went on a tester flight last year and they are a far more superior charter than any other airline and i have travelled both mytravel & monarch to Goa.

Hope this helps :)
vegasone,
we booked for the silver sands for Feb 2007 after looking around it. However we were shown around the bungalows which were fine. After seeing some dodgy reports on here we looked into it a bit closer (better late than never!) and realised that the rooms we had booked were not the bungalows, these were £7 per person per night extra. After we totted up the extra cost we found we could have the Phoenix for £15 less in total, so re-booked for the PP.
If you are still booking it at least the location is very good, people we spoke to complained about poor brakfast service etc although all said staff were friendly.
Travelled first choice "cattle class" last year with no problems at all, far superior to Monarch, but have booked star class this time as a treat.

usually you are the one giving advice and not asking for it :lol:

del949
Hi vegasone - nice to see you up and running again.
thanks oap :D

I think I am going to book cattle and go phoenix , if I go phoenix and go star its £75 more each :? and I am going for 2 weeks in jan :P so I think I do a cheapy for a week
:) I would much rather fly with First Choice. I've just come back after flying with Monarch (for the 2nd time). The seats outbound were awful no room at all, on the way back I asked for a seat at the front - the first 7 rows are fine, so flight on the way back was ok, but the meals weren't good. Outbound Bahrain (get off), inbound Larnaca (stay on).I'm sure you'll enjoy either hotel, I'm just happy to go cheap and cheerful, I usually just get a flight and a room.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.