Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Silver Sands
52 Posts
Yep you got it - right on the corner,don't know much about it but looks ok,restaurant opposite is ok for a good curry too.
thanks for that! my parnets have just booked it for jan31st!!! i tohught it was there but wasnt sure!
that's the one! our neighbours went there last year and enjoyed it. we stayed around the corner at the seaside and surfside (more basic) but used to start or finish our evening off there. The staff were very friendly and it is a great location. Recommend the Sheetal right accross the road for an authentic indian curry. Didn;t like the Peacock at all though.
In fact our other neighbours are heading out there in Feb so they must have enjoyed it.
:) Hi,
just round the corner from the Silver Sands, Peacock and the Surfside is the Ava Maria and just up the lane from there is a little bar come restaurant called the "Moonlights" which is owned by Santana & Teresa a really friendly couple that know how to make you welcome :ghug , tell your parents to give it a go, i would recommend it, in fact we will probably be there as we are going out on the 8th of January for 2 weeks (wish it was longer :cry: ).
Jayne. :wave
thanks for all your replies, i will let them know!
Stayed at the Silver Sands for three years and booked for our 4th time on 28th Jan 06.
Great Hotel very friendly and excellent location. Rooms basic like any others in Goa but cleaned every day and fresh towels every other day. Staff very helpful.
Looks like we are going same time as your parents. If ther is anything else they wish to know just contact me.
Sue & Steph
thanks i will ask them and probably pm you if there is!

yes it will be the same time, they are flying out form manchester on 31st january, i think it is!

thanks!
what is the silver sands like in goa am going there in march i know its a too star and not exp. it to be the hilton has anyone been and whats it like is the beach ok
Try the indian section or try http://www.indiamike.com and click under minor destinations then goa. :lol:
Moved from other destinations.
Just back from Turkey -now the countdown begins for Goa in March 2006! anyone stayed at Silver Sands resort?-is it ok?
Candolim-dos and dont's what to see where to eat all info welcome!
how far is it to Calagute we might need a livelier night-is it walking distance?
any good tours/excursions?-if so any recommended tour companies
finally any good web links?
I will now be a regular here on this forum!!
I think Silver Sands is a great first timer's choice. Our neighbours stayed there last year and really enjoyed themselves. I think the rooms are probably pretty basic but the location is superb and the staff are lovely (we stayed at the nearby Seaside and Surfside and had our first drinks of the evening in the Silver Sands Bar most nights!). The beach is about one minute walk away and it s just around the corner from the lively road to the beach which is lined with restaurants and small shops. There is a sports bar with big screen tellys and also an english style pub up on the corner if that is your kind of thing....
You could walk to Calungute but I don't think you will (except perhaps along the beach via a few shacks). The taxis are very cheap and alot of the nice restaurants are in Candolim and further up towards Sinquerim Beach. I won't bother listing any cos I'm sure they will all still be there; suggest you just get chatting in your shack (we liked Claudinas which is the first on the left as you reach the beach) or visit somewhere like the Mango Grove on the main road. You will soon have loads of reccommendations; just take your pick! The beach lads on that stretch of beach are superb; we always had Ramesh who looked after us finest. If you see him tell him Jane and Peter from Manchester send their love.
We stayed in Calungute at Easter. The taxis are so convenient and cheap I don;t think it matters where you base yourselves, I would just say get out a bit and see the place.
One of our fave restaurants in Souza Lobo on the Calungute Beach front. Basic surroundings right on the beach and Kingfish the size of a small shark (large), absolutely beautiful half grilled half tandooried. Great Value!
You can guessnow I am desperate to get back. Roll on 24th Jan!
Have a great time! (Turkey is good and if you enjoyed that you will love Goa it's even better!)
Oh, and definitely spend an evening at Bob's Inn. It is halfway between Candolim and Calungute (ask any taxi). Nice chilled out atmosphere and great good value food. Ask to see the album of cuttings about Lord Lucan and Jungle Bob!
As for trips I really recommend taking a taxi up to the north for a day (taxi and driver about a tenner I think) We had a great time overnight down at Palolem beach. Another good trip is the Jungle Book trip (you can book it direct at the shack or the Elephant Shop, cheaper than with your tour operator, I think about £60.)
I think you will find candolim lively enough. There are so many good places to eat, your biggest problem will be trying to find the time to try them all, have a look at the restaurant thread at the top of the page. There is a thread on good websites but may be on next page.
Have a good one.
:lol:
Thanks for the info-sounds hopeful -we dont go till March but really excited already!
Will be going to the Silver Sands for the 4th time in Jan. Good choice but basic as most of the other hotels in Goa are. You certainly wont be bored. Lots to do. Try the local trips. They are cheaper and as good as the tour operators.
has anyone been to the silver sands goa am going there in march the 4th for a week never been to goa be4 so looking forward to going any good gossip on the place :) any info welcome
is anyone going to the silver sands in north goa as i am going there on the 4th march it will be nice to meet people there ive never been be for so not sure what to do :o :idea: :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.