Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Silver Sands
7 Posts
Stayed at the silver sands in Feburary this year. Had one of the rooms in the new block. The room was large with a king size bed, wardrobe , TV, small fridge and A/C. We had a nice balcony with padded cane chairs and small table.

The sheets and towels were changed most days. You have to leave your key to have the room cleaned otherwise it wont get cleaned.
Breakfast is basic, tea, toast and juice but you can order ceareals,eggs etc from the menu.

It's in a great position at the end of beach road and they also have a shack on the beach where you can have breakfast instead of the restaurant.
We had one evening meal at the hotel which was the worst meal of our holiday. (Maybe the wrong choice.) We didn't eat there again.

Staff very friendly especially the lady on reception (cant remember her name)

There is a small pool with a few sun beds.

I would stay at this hotel again if I could have one of the newer rooms.
Hope this helps.
Kirsty
there's lots of reviews about that hotel here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/india/goa/candolim/silver-sands-holiday-village/

Fiona (our mod) always bullies us :rofl to put our reviews on when we get home so it's always worth taking a look - I check the reviews out before booking.
Of course, as reviews are always subjective rather than objective and most people have different expectations, you need to read 'between the lines' a little.

Polly
I stayed at Silver Sands at Xmas and really enjoyed it , we stayed in a bunglow , must admit very basic but very clean and just somewhere to sleep and shower. Must admit when I walked in the room on arrival and saw the size of the double bed I nearly had a heart attack! talk about small, and me being quite a 'large girl' was a little worried , but hey , after a few drinks I slept like a log.
All the staff were lovely and location is great if you enjoy Candolim beach, taxis right opposite will take you anywhere and always available, many good restaurants on the beach road within a couple of minutes, any questions don't hesitate to ask, if not then enjoy your stay :D
thanks for the replies. You are all so helpful. I'm getting excited now!
:) We stayed there March 06, March 07 in a bungalow. Good position, friendly staff, you get what you pay for! I looked in the new rooms, they are lovely, but I'm happy with somewhere basic. I've met some really nice people who have stopped there both years, and had a laugh with the staff, try the Ceu Mar for your breakfast - Ajay and Sam work there - might see you - we are going on Sunday and staying in a room nearby.
We're also going to Silver Sands next March so look forward to reading your report on your return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.