Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sim Cards
12 Posts
AFAIK, the only difference is that you need photos and the card is only valid for 4 weeks.
The elephant shop does the pics themselves and I think photocopies your passport.
we go to the south and normally have no problem as shop know us, heard somewhere that application now has to be approved and takes 3 to 4 days, may be a bit early in season for up to date info
Has anyone bought a sim card lately can I ask how much it was and did you have to wait for days to it was turned on ...colleen
irishcolleen wrote:
Has anyone bought a sim card lately can I ask how much it was and did you have to wait for days to it was turned on ...colleen

colleen see the thread " Using an Ipad in Goa" have posted info there
Cheers silentman I will go and have a wee look now xx
The official government regulations require you to complete an application form and provide a passport photo, copy of passport and visa together with proof of your residence in Goa, this can then take up to 4 days before you get connected.

I was able to obtain one which was already registered so it worked straight away so depends, when I wanted another one for use in a dongle it took 5days, like everything in Goa complicated

Prices depend on network but much the same as last year
hi All
I fly over to Goa on 19th February, has anybody brought there sim back to the UK, and would be willing to pass it on, it would save the hassle of waiting to get set up over there.

would be very grateful, Thanks Pete
If you are a regular to Goa you could email a copy of your visa /passport together with home address to where you are staying and ask them to register one for you
another point worth knowing is that a sim registered using a passport/visa will not work when the visa expires
The Elephant shop still seems to be your best choice, they *can* have for a friend, done it without any documents, and it's still working after 3 months I think. :)
I think, if there is a way around a procedure, the shopkeepers of Goa will find it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.