Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Aghia Pareskevi would be ideal, there is a very nice beach, plenty of tavernas and you are midway down the island by bus.

Aghia Pareskevi was affected by the fire in July, so the pine forest that was the backdrop to the resort has gone. However the hills are showing the first signs of green as the hillside recovers.

Koukounaries will be quieter, with great beaches nearby wherever you go. However you will always get a seat on the bus going in to town.

Lots of brits go to Troulos, but it does nothing for me. You can always stay in town and head out which is what we do.
Stayed at la Luna apartments in Troulos last year and it was fab. Catch the bus from there into Skiathos town for different options for nightlife and some very nice shopping. Troulos had a nice beach with calm waters and can highly recommend Ambrosia and Necter for restaurant in Troulos!
Skiathos is a good choice. Have to agree with the other posts. Troulos or Aghia Paraskevi sounds ideal for you. We recently spent two weeks in Paraskevi and ate out in the area each night as there were so many places to choose from. We stayed at the Magic - 4 star and very nice, but probably the best hotel locally if you dont mind a climb up the steps after a boozy night in the tavernas. A short bus ride for about 2.5 euros for 2 will take you into Skiathos Town where there are literallly hundreds of places to eat. If you go for more than a week then hire a car (preferably a Jimny jeep) to explore the pine forests inland and the beaches. Try this web site for further info

http://www.mfbb.net/?mforum=skiathos

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6740/dscn1189mo7.jpg[/img]

View from the pine forest
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2610/dscn1245bg2.jpg[/img]

Magic Hotel view from the dining room.
  • Edited by Wizard 2007-12-20 20:17:44
    pictures streaching forums links left
We had our third visit to Skiathos in September and this time stayed at the Muses hotel in Koukanaries. It is a quitet resort during the day but is quite busy in the evenings. You would have no problem staying out until 2 or 3 in the morning! The east side of the resort is livelier with some bars competing with each other to see who can play the loudest music! The restaurants are all excellent.
Kouknaries beach is very crowded and to me seems to have been spoilt this year with the extra row of sunbeds they have put there this year. however thee are some excellent uncrowded beaches within a 25 minute walk through the gorgeous forest................and for a really lively night out, the town is only a 20 minute bus ride away........and at 1.5 euros, excellent value! 8)

John
Can recommend Amalia Apts in Koukounaries. Stayed there many times and can guarantee you a great holiday.
We love the island so much we have bought a house there.
If you decide to book, tell George (the owner) Mo and Balconies recommended it.
With a bit of luck, will bump into you.

Sue
Hi, can anyone tell me what Kolios in Skiathos its like? Have seen some apartments which look quite nice, but never been to Skiathos before, so not sure about the different resorts. We like nice, quiet beaches, with a good choice of tavernas to choose from. Anyone help?
hi mezza have you looked at the members resoert reports yet??

wizard
Kolios is probably the quietest areas on the island, which apartments are you looking at ?

Kolios has a nice sandy beach with two nice tavernas almost on the sand. It also has one of the best restaurants on the island and another really good one tucked out of the way. Its in easy reach of Aghia Pareskevi where there is a good choice of Tavernas and its lovely beach or if you go the other way Vromolimnos and its great beach the paradise beach bar/restaurant.

It can be hard to get on the bus going in to town, as its usually quite full coming up from Pareskevi in the evenings.
Hi, thanks for the replies, I have been looking at the Hermes apartments, which have quite good reviews, considering they are quite cheap! We normally hire a car to tour around whichever island we go to, so buses etc. wont be a problem. We like to stay somewhere quiet, so Kolios may well suit us. Probably change my mind a few times yet though! All I can say is roll on June!!!!!! :sun2
Excellent choice - Hermes is a very good apartment complex , I stayed there a couple of years ago, its just 100 metres from Bus Stop 13, and built into the hill. The nearest beach is Vromliminos, Great apartments/studios, and a lively pool bar and very well furnished accomodation.

I wrote a review see http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/skiathos/kolios/hermes-apartments/ (October 2006)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.