Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Skiathos
12 Posts
Im going for the first time in August, cant wait.
Hi Dudi
just back from my second visit to skiathos lovely island, where abouts are you staying ? i would suggest getting a car to see as much of the island as possible

have a look here http://www.mfbb.net/?mforum=skiathos tell them i sent you ;)
Lovely place !! Been to lots of greek islands and this is our favourite.Dozens of fantastic sandy beaches (especially koukounaries and troulos ) all just off the coast road and easily located by the excellant bus service which runs regularly from skiathos town.We stayed in paraskevi which was very quiet so we hopped on the bus into skiathos town most nights which took about 20 mins.Have a great time !
Hopefully we will be going back next year !! :sun2
Dear all,
thank you for your advices :wave:

Dudi
Hi All

I am thinking of booking a holiday in Skiathos, does anyone know if there is much to do in Koukanaries as we have found a great hotel but don't want to book it if all it has to offer is a great beach.
We are only wanting bars and tavernas not night clubs or anything.

If there isn't much we have been recommended Skiathos Town and wandered if anyone could recommend a hotel there with really good sea views?

Thanks

Liz. :sun2
liz i know they are a bit dated but have you looked at the members resort reports yet??

yasus

wizard
Hi edd,
Im off to Kolios in August first time cant wait
We stayed in Koukanaries last year at the Muses hotel. Koukanaires has plenty of tavernas and restaurants so you can easily eat in a different one each night. There are several bars too.
The eastern side of the resort is the livelier with a couple of bars competing with each other to see who can play the loudest music!
Yes, Koukanaries is laid back but there is definately enough to keep you occupied. If you do get bored, Skiathos town is easily accessible by regular bus services.
I will be staying there again next year so it can't be that bad! :cheers
We've just come back from our 6th visit to Skiathos cos we love it so much! :D And have now just booked to go back again next June!
We stay at the Ariadni villas just outside Skiathos town overlooking the lake and airport. It is great sitting by the pool watching the planes land and take off and it isn't really all that busy (though could get a bit busier in July/Aug I guess), but no flights after about 9pm anyway.

We hire a jeep and travel to beaches on the other side of the Island on various day which is great and travelling up and on top of skiathos the views back down are fab, watch out as off the main road it is nearly all dirt tracks.

Then at night we drive into town and park (about 3 mins) or walk in (about 25 mins) but more than enough to choose from to eat and drink and just wander.

If you stay down the island there are always a few tavernas in each resort and of course you can always catch the bus into town.

Lots of different beaches to choose from, plenty of choices to eat and drink, quiet, lively whatever you choose, plus boat trips around the island or to neighbouring islands
Personally I can't wait to go back!! :cheers
Thanks for replies, it sounds lovely.

And I have just been to see Mamma Mia on the pictures and its made me want to go all the more! The film is set in Skiathos and another Island very near Skopelos.

Thanks Again
Liz.
Skiathos is lovely, great beaches, scenery and some lovely tavernas and Bars in the side streets in town.
If you want to dine on the front, or at the Windmill or Infinity Blue restaurants then you will pay a lot more.

Just behind the waterfront on the old harbour is a grill house, Its called Koziakas or "Ding dong man" as Michaelis is known locally. This is probably the cheapest and best grilled meat on the island and is next to the King & Queen pub.
At Sklitheri is the Sklitheri beach taverna,have lunch here looking over to Skopolos and you will be amazed by the colours of the water and the scenery - Land Sea and Air if only i could paint it !
Down at Koukounaries is Taverna Apostolis just past Bus Stop 23. Captain Michaelis is a star and you will leave here with unsteady feet, and and probably wake up feeling slightly the worse for wear :duh
Take the bus if you can to save on car hire and petrol costs, remember taxis are shared but can be pricy anywhere in Greece.
Most of Mamma Mia was set over on Skopolos, but the opening scenes are Skiathos and Tsougria and the old harbour, and the view from the clock tower over the old harbour towards Tsougria.

Enjoy Skiathos, its a lovely Island, and you too could be like Keffaddict, Janbabe and me as returners or Boomerangers as we are more commonly known :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.