Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sky high prices!
26 Posts
If you do a DI make sure your flight is ATOL and you pay with a credit card. Some XL people are still fighting for their money.
Have you looked at goldtrail or holidays 4 you. We are using portland this year,Sad to say not going to turkey this year wife wanted a change.. But there were some bargains to turkey when we booked ours..
Thomas cook had some cheap holidays in to turkey.Mind we are going in August but to Zante.Hoping turkey next year..Hope you get a good deal..
Try http://www.h4u.co.uk/ I've used them twice, usually really good prices.
Thanks everyone for all the replies, have had a look on the websites you said, cheapest actually seems to be thomas cook so far which has suprised me! I was thinking would be better to book it more last minute or will the prices be even higher?
Thanks,
Elle.x
I was thinking would be better to book it more last minute or will the prices be even higher?

It depends if your dates are slightly flexible and your happy to take the risk that you may not get the hotels or resort you want, once the kids have grown up and it's just the two of us I think we may be trying this tactic for one holiday each year, the other I will book in advance so I get the hotel I now call my second home.

Dave
Rent a private apartment/villa there are many sites on Google just do a global search prices range from £280-£380 for large three bedroom apartment sleeping 6/8 At this time and many budget airlines also fly out of Newcastle - Thomas Cook but if you fly from Manchester Onur are are by far the cheapest . For the last ten years I have arranged all our family holidays via the internet and have never failed to secure a fantastic deal and brilliant holidays.
A late booking out of school hol time especially june there will be bargains to had, when ever I book around that time late I have got good hotels at good prices, but with my kids have exams so its school hols booking.
ellie
have a look at freshholidays.com or freedom holidays.com tony
Its not only turkey where the holiday prices have gone sky high, I priced a 4* hotel I stayed in marjorca for the 4th august 14 nights £5200 same as 5* A/I around side.

Tour ops are profiteering because of the strangle hold thomson and thomas cook have on the UK holiday market, all competition has been removed. The first sign I saw was thomsons prices this year increased by double compared to the year before hotels around side and now thomas cook has followed.
The prices for Sharm hotels have almost trebled but I booked with Portland and got a great deal to Turkey HB.
Its costing me £8 less per week than I paid for a B&B in Dorset 7 years ago.
If I see a Thomas Cook holiday I fancy I check Direct and Manos as they are usually cheaper for the same hotel.
My friend went to the same hotel as me in October with Thomas Cook and paid £100 more each than I did by going with Manos,who are now owned by TC.Same flight,same hotel just a lot more money. :que
I go out of the main season because the prices at the height of the season are always very expensive in comparison.
Hilton hotels to sharm can be had for as little as £48 for per night a room for 2 A/I for next year on any dates, thats £24 per person A/I. Cheap.

Jay trip

Now thomas cook has taken over airtours manos web search is the same as a thomas cook web search, they have removed manos all togther, airtours brochure gone, the only airtours company left is direct holidays, aspro is gone as well, under the thomas cook web search as well, panaroma used to be a small independant company doing holidays mainly to north africa but airtour took them over are gone as well, search is the same thomas cook search for all of the others. Because thomas cook didn't have a direct sell arm means direct holidays have survived

Thomas cook have removed most of airtours capacity from the market, being seen with the high prices being asked for holidays.

I bet if the mergers didn't happen the holidays available now would be a hell of a lot cheaper than what they are.

Thomson take over of first choice, eclipse has gone as well, why would thomson want 2 direct sell companies.

Since the early nineties brochures that have disappeared what I can remember. Martin Rooks, Enterprise, Horizion, wings, tjourberg. I can't remember anymore but you can see a pattern and why we have seen big hikes in prices, loads of capacity has been removed from the market and now we are all at the mercy of the big two. Can anybody else remember what other brochures have gone.

All I know its had a big impact on the cost of holidays to turkey.

Martin Rooks, enterprise and sovereign were part of british airways until BA was privatised and BA sold off its brochures..
I remember Intasun,Inspirations,Med Choice and Lancasters.
My friend is going to the same hotel as me 2 days later.She booked on line with Thomas Cook and its cost her £30 less than us!
Looking on the Thomas Cook website the price of the same hotel can vary depending if it is with Direct,TC or Manos.
I think it depends on the time of year and as we only go away in May or October there are more bargains then.
I am paying less for my holiday in Turkey this year than I have paid for the last several years.I usually wait to book until about 3 weeks before I go but I booked on January 2nd.
Just checked the price of my holiday, booked before Christmas with Thomson's and paid £525 for a week in May for 2. It is now £703. TC have got some cheaper deals mainly Julian Forest for May when I last checked for the week coming out at £476.
I am in southern ireland and we have always had to pay very high prices for our holidays with tour operators
we are really stuck because from cork airport which is nearest to me we have very little choice of places we can go to abroad
we have booked for july for 2 weeks in gumbet and for 4 adults it has cost 3200 euro, that is in parkim ayaz half board
That does seem very expensive but i priced same 2 weeks going to lanzarote and that was roughly the same price self catering
we are booked with panorama.ie which is part of the thomas cook group, but we always pay such high prices when its priced in euro
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.