Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
no smoking at any airport to my knowledge, uk or any abroad, i stay landside as long as possible so i can nip outside for a quick ciggy :tongue
Yep, no smoking airside at any UK airport. So not going through security until near to boarding is the only way.
Thank you ........I will have to stick the patches on a bit sooner : :cry:
It must be awful for you all to have to wait to you get to your holiday place before you can have a little smoke what must it be like on long flights :cry :cry the patches must be a god send ......colleen
hi colleen.........its torture but i have only got 5 hours to turkey ,so it wont be as bad as when i went to dom rep 10 hours, patches do help :tongue
Kathy have a little drink instead when you get on the plane :rofl :cheers ....colleen
hi colleen .....i have in the past but it just makes me want one even more, so i save the drinking till i get there :cheers
IM a silly moo kathy I never thought of that :duh
We also delay going through airside, so we can have a ciggie but it aint the same as relaxing with a coffee and fag in departures.
My husband closes his eyes as soon as the plane takes off and opens them on landing, I know its his way of coping without his you know whats, but he's no company!!!!
Do you all know there is an no smoking ban in Goa and if you smoke outside you can get a fine plus I found this on the forum tonight ...... Smoking ban in Kenya
Thats ok colleen :cheers
hi cazb ... thats a good idea but if i did that my lot would leave me and go of to duty free, they are all anti smokers :thanks
hi colleen.....do you mean in the street or outside bars ect, have always wanted to go to goa, booked it once but had to change cos my youngest son was still on my passport they let us buy visas then i found out he had to have his own. :banghead:
no smoking at any airport to my knowledge, uk or any abroad, i stay landside as long as possible so i can nip outside for a quick ciggy

First of all...East Midlands Airport
there is now a smoking area when you go through passport control,its situated near the bar area at the back,its outside with a wire fence round it. i for one am really greatfull for them doing this,dont dread the airport bit when i go on hols anymore in case of delays,well done eastmids!

Give it time...others will follow ;)

Abroad ? you obviously haven't been to Malaga Airport then, :smile: there are at least 3 designated area's airside for smokers that I know of....and there's nobody getting their knickers in a twist over it, even though there is supposed to be a ban in Spain.

Viva España !
you can smoke in Palma airport as well ,purpose built smoking room near the gates
You can also smoke at Las Palmas Gran Canaria, lovely roof terrace with a bar and catching the last minute rays watching the planes land and take off.
Gail now goes to look what flights she can get flying from East Midlands :bow
There is also an outside terrace at Varna, where you can sit, smoke and watch the planes. Tonyt
can you smoke at bodrum airport... :?:
kat68 wrote:
can you smoke at bodrum airport

Only outside of the front of the terminal (landside), not inside. Turkey is strictly no smoking in public places.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.