Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
As the ban is country wide it will affect all areas of Spain including the Canaries, Balearics and the two regions in Morrocco. The only problem will be how hoteliers and bars interpret what they will or will not be allowed to do. There are guide lines laid down in the law and I beleive that the hoteliers may have until the end of August to set their house in order as to whether the hotel should be smoking or non smoking. If it is smoking they have this time to make the aleterations needed to erect the places where smoker can go. Bars under 100square metres can opt to be smoking or non smoking.

As for the allowance I assume you mean the allowance to bring cigarettes back to the UK it should not make any difference it will still be the UK customs recommended 3200.

You can read about the ban in this topic in the Costa Blanca forum here

To save duplication please read the topic in the Costa Blanca forum.

The topic has been unlocked to allow the Costa Dorada users discussion particular to their resorts.
Hi . Have 3 smokers in my party going to Salou in Oct. Didnt know about this ban in spain.
Salou is the favorite place to take the children because of the theme parks. So wondering how the pubs will go there. What would be alternate for children if they are not allowed in smoking pubs. Wonder if family pubs will go non smoking to keep families with children or smoking and loose family custom. There would be hundreds and hundreds of families from caravans and apartments who wont find it easy going out for the night if either parent smoked. The toilet queus will be long
Would be interested as time went on to find out which pubs are staying as non smoking family pubs . So any one coming back please post the results
im not fussy any more about the smoking ban in salou as i have stopped smoking but my partner does still smoke and it will affect him if anyone! Will let you know how we get on next week when we get back about whats happening
so tell me can i come off plane and light up as soon as i leave the airport ie outside the door but still in their premisies or is this an offence to anyone know
reus airport has atotal ban on smoking in the terminal building but once out of the door you can light up. as for smoking in pubs i was there in salou a month ago most pubs you can smoke some of them have special area's as do resturants
Just come back from salou, most pubs still allowed smoking and definately not in the airport. can smoke outside the front but thats all. once you go through passport control on the way home its no more fags til you land!
Our hotel (dorada palace) was non smoking apart from around the pool area. saw lots of people hiding on their balconies early in morning having a crafty one
are you allowed to smoke on your hotel balcony also can you smoke outside in the street
Hi,
Has any of you just arrived back from Salou, Was just wondering how the hotels and restaurants were coping with the smoking ban (specifically Oasis Park hotel). I will be fine if the hotel is completely non smoking as long as the rain stays away, fingers crossed we go on weds cant wait :P :P
hi came back from salou in july was allowed to smoke everywhere i went it was no problem in restaurants etc even in the hotel room although i never did only on balcony have a nice holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.