Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
haven't been to Greece since may.. i was in kos, smoking was not a problem. some areas [inside restaurants/dining rooms] may enforce a ban but most bars do not, some hotels have smoking/non smoking rooms so if you are the sort to smoke in the bedroom ask for a smoking room, [we usually smoke on the terrace/patio anyway so it is not a bother to us]

wizard
I dont think your husband has to worry. I never heard of a smoking ban in Rhodes. Maybe in the dining rooms of the hotels but thats about it. The Greek smoke everywhere they can. I once went to a doctor and - I could not believe it - he was smoking and drinking coffee while I was there.
many thanks for that info from both of you , my hubby is a happy man lol :roll: ,
I dont think they could ever bring in the smoking ban in Greece there would be public outcry!!
Hi, we were in Kalithea in June and it seemed to us that nearly everyone was smoking! Being non-smokers it annoyed us that everytime we went through the reception/lounge it was thick with smoke. Luckily the restaurant was non-smoking.

It still seems a very european thing to do so your hubby will be fine :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.