Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Last week I saw no snakes, no bears, no aligators........... if people report sightings of them then I'll accept that they may exist in the resort, but I saw no sign of them.
I am the same, yet I love snakes, but want no one walking up and draping them over me without me knowing... which happened to my cousin last year!
If you go into the national park you will find snakes. I did, but you have to realy look as they are more frightend than you are, and avoid human contact. The national park at Golden Sands that is. I think it is called Zlatni Piassaza. Fantastic trees there. Well worth a walk. You can get to the monastry if you follow the map it is about 3hours walk.
Hi Paul,

I think it is called Zlatni Piassaza.

Златни пясъци (Zlatni Pyasatsi) is 'Golden Sands' in Bulgarian, so it's Golden Sands Nature Park (Природен парк
Златни пясъци
).

Baldur
  • Edited by Baldur 2008-06-02 11:18:58
Thanks Baldur. I read it of the map that I have but they did not have one in English so this map is in Russian. However, a map is a map no matter what language it is printed in.
Very true Paul. I found a better link than my original, so have edited it into my previous post.

Baldur
Baldur. Well done that is a fantastic link. It realy is a beautiful place and well worth a look.The conservation work that has been done is a credit to the rangers who work there.
We are in bulgaria at the mo. There is a couple who come out at night with a snake and an aligator. They are near the beach, by the ride that shoots you up in the air. Hope this helps!
Thanks - leaving in 20 mins !!! Will avoid that area (if I can find it!) lol :rofl

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.