Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Realist.

took a little time to think of other places to eat, in Ravda going from your hotel through into Ravda straight on past the square on the left restaurant Gerana great for snacks plus the roast chicken. in Nessebar down at the front restaurant Gloria mar. also round to the left at the main gate into the old town you have some nice restaurants on the hill facing over to Sunny Beach well worth trying. also in the main street in the old town is pizzeris Ponko just opposite the Bio Chim bank (also good exchange rate at the bank if you go into Sunny beach on the left just before the post office is Condor has always been good across from this at the right hand end of the shops is FarA also good past the post office and just before the Diamond hotel the road at the side of the market leads you down to both Djannis and a little further down to Kokiche both good but some times the queue at Djannis is rather large. :sun2 :sun2 :D

Robbie
Thanks all for the info and tips, what's it like with car hire, driving etc?
Hi Realist

We have an apartment just along the road from sol nessebar hotels. My brother and his partner stayed in the sol mare hotel last year and we are all going again as a big family in 2 weeks and they is staying in nessebar palace. You have bus stops right outside the hotels that will take you into Nessebar, Sunny Beach on the same side of the road as the hotels the bus stop on the opposite side of the road will take you into Ravda and Bourgas. You can also get a boat from your hotel into Nessebar and have lots of cheap watersports on the beach.

Good restaurants in the area imo are Cantallina Bistro 5 min walk to the left of your hotel and to the right down the hill the one with the stella artois canopy. In Ravda Benitos, Chuchura, Puzzle pizza, Castellini Italian and on the beach front panorama. Good places for drinks are face bar, Hawaii cocktail bar, Mai Tai and Benitos. In Sunny Beach we like Fara, Condor and Djannys.

In the area of the hotel and in Ravda you do not get bother with gypsies ect.

Have fun
Liz
Hi Realist.

car hire not a problem in Bulgaria personally I always hire from a company called TS travel.net I deal with a guy called george never any problems driving there is ok as long as you treat it sensibly. :wave: .
Thanks all for the info but I've never, ever driven to the wrong side of the road :) I mean the right hand side.

Also is there a site that explains traffic regs, traffic signs etc in Bulgaria.

Regards
Realist wrote:
.....is there a site that explains traffic regs, traffic signs etc in Bulgaria.

See HERE.
Not long now a week Saturday coming (4th June) hope it's ok and hope it's more like Spain and not dirty Turkey.

Regards.
Realist wrote:
.....hope it's more like Spain and not dirty Turkey.

If you go with that sort of expectation, you are likely to be disappointed.

For the most part, Bulgaria isn't as developed a tourist destination as either Spain or Turkey.
God help me then cos I liked Spain and disliked Turkey.

Now my misses is the same as me so I'll soon find out.

Regards
Well we are here in the Sol Nessabar Bay and so far I have no complaints at all, the food is fine, nice weather and the people are fantastic.

I will say that this area knocks spots off Turkey.

Regards
Hi Realist .

well what did we say go with an open mind and dont listen to the horror stories and see for your self hope you continue to enjoy the area lets have a report when you get back home.

Robbie
Realist wrote:
Well we are here in the Sol Nessabar Bay and so far I have no complaints at all, the food is fine, nice weather and the people are fantastic.

I will say that this area knocks spots off Turkey.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself - many of us love Bulgaria and its people but others, who go with unrealistic expectations, can be disappointed.

Baldur

P.S. You'll make most Bulgarians' day if you tell them that you don't like Turkey (other than those of Turkish ethnic origin, of course).
Excellent, I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves - have a beer for me :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.