Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Park Holidays is almost a big as Haven (remember Haven is also Butlins too) BUT PHols are not as regimented and money grabbing as Haven are

The sites are a little more out of the way and smaller so you will find it easier to get around the site

I guess you are in a Static (holiday home ) whilst you are there

We haven't ben to that site or many other PHols ones as they have less and less each year that take tourers
Oh I didn't know that about Park holidays (being as big as Havan), I was looking at some sites owned by them in Cornwall yesterday.
We have just got back from a long weekend here booked through Sun holidays. My husband, myself & our 12yr son had a very enjoyable and relaxing time.

Clean, well equipped caravan on a lovely small park with friendly staff and fantastic views.
Everything Haven & the like is not which is why we chose it & we were not disappointed on our long weekend.

A couple of points to note:

If using a satnav to get there dont use the postcode as your destination, put Chilling lane in instead.

The swimming pool opens at 10.30 - 12.00 then 14.00-16.00. We were a little disappointed that it didn't open all day.

The Bar closes quite early. 10.30pm Mon-Wed, 11.00 Thur-Sat and 10pm on Sun.

The entertainment was aimed at very young children ( who seemed to love it) and girls up to about 10.

There are a couple of sweet grab machines and a pool table in the bar for the children and 2 or 3 machines for over 18s.

There is an excellent play area next to the tennis court which doesn't seem to be on the park map which is suitable for children up to about the age of 10yrs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.