Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a look at Altinkum, it has certainly got the beaches and the boat trips and i'm sure that there are some jeep safaris as well.

Les
Hey Claire, why not have a look at Hisaronu/ olu Deniz they are so close could be one resort. I love Marmaris as you know, but I also go to Hisaronu every year as well. It is very English to be honest but has great hotels and restaurants to book. Take A look at it.
thanks to both of you.. i will look at both places! ;)
;) Second everything Perrydog says :tup

Personally would base myself in Hisaronu which is 10 minute dolmus away up in the mountains (and where all main nightlife/restaurants are) rather down in Olu Deniz. Plenty of things to do - horse riding - jeep safaris - Saklikent Gorge and for adrenaline junky what better than to paraglide down from Babadag Mountain? LOL! From Hisaronu you can dolmus or walk to desserted Greek village of Kaya Koy too.

Have been several times and both our boys have also holidayed there with their then girlfriends.

It's virtually THREE resorts in one, as 20+ minutes by dolumus in opposite direction is the big town of Fethiye.

You can get overnight trips to Pummakkale too ;)
olu deniz is nice but it is very small and a lot of people are repeat visitors so some of the hotels can have a smug cliquey atmosphere the smaller ones in particular.Hisaronu is sometimes looked down on due to its abundance of english type bars but we found it far friendlier and relaxed than olu deniz if not as pretty,calis beach is also very relaxed and has excellent links to fethiye ,gumbet is very very lively and iswithin walking distance to bodrum and just a dolmus away from other resorts like bitez or yalikavak.If you do look into visiting olu deniz might i recommend theasena beach hotel the staff are wonderful and it is very very central,.
ok... ive been looking at prices, and so far the best ive come up with is 2 weeks in kusadasi, ive had a look at resort reviews to try and find out what the beaches are like, all i see is "beaches are lovely!" but thats what a lot of reviews about marmaris says, but im not keen on that beach at all, does anybody know if theres too much hassle from the locals trying to drag you into restaurants/shops etc, i find this very intimidating and would dearly love to try somewhere else in turkey where this doesnt happen quiet so much, Dont get me wrong, i love marmaris(apart from the beach and hassle) but want to try some where different next time! and refering to my original question, are there jeep safaris in kusadasi? thankyou for all the replies.. :)
Have a look at the Kusadasi Advice Topic, last posted on, 9th January, 2010.

Les
We have holidayed in Kusadasi twice this year. We had no hassle whatsoever. Take a look at the Kustur club holiday village. It is set on it's own beach, has waterslides,a good animation team and really good food. It's five minutes up the road to Kusadasi centre on the dolmus. There is also a waterpark nearby.
Thankyou very much Les... ive had a look at that and it has been very helpful, theres a lot been mentioned about ladies beach, i assume this is a nice sandy one?

And thankyou too Minione, i will take a look at that too, rather than rush into it (as usual) lol, im going to take my time and have a good look at reviews/prices etc ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.