Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Sue, what about setting up a gmail account so that you can access the sites?

luci :wave
Oooh luci, thanks. Do you know I did have a gmail account way way back when they were giving them away for testing. Wonder if it's still active. :cheers I will go for a trundle and find out!!

Edit!! Found my old gmail account, and am now registered, and reading away!!! Thanks again :cheers
Excellent place to find info if all you want to book a tour with a group from there. I am doing this will a small group to Rotorua in New Zealand or anywhere as they have reseached the company they book etc and I am no longer scared to do it as I know works well. My excursion from the ship is a fair way can't remember how far but at least I think an 90 mile journey. I am booked with a group but booked directly with a Moarui Company and have paid nothing until I arrive to start the tour 165 NZ dollar and at $2.40 to the £1 a great buy. The ship excursion is 3 times this. We will visit the thermal springs etc and also a nature trail as well as a Mauri village and a Kiwi farm as well as a sail. He will allow our group to allow us more time at places we want to be and less at others. In other works to suit. There will only be 6-8 at most but will bo a only 4 if you so wish.

It is easy to do something on your own but longer journeys and this particular tour impossible to do on your own. I am researching other tours and have booked the Melbourne Greeter which is free and given by locals who are volenteers. New York do this also. but I was too late in finding out about it as I think it needs to be 2-3 weeks ahead. I did email them and they sent me the details.
Unfortunately only Melbourne has this in OZ and none in N/Z to date. I will be met at 9.30am and will be walking travelling on public transport etc etc. Incidentally Melbourne have tours city buses which are free.
Isn't the Internet a great source of info. I looked at the Tourist Information for any city I am visiting and this is where I found the info about the Greeter.

Sue
I am sure I have read on this site that some cruise lines honour price reductions

but can't find it :duh

My cruise is now down $200 per person booked with VGT for NCL Dawn 2/11/2008

I have rang NCL UK & NCL Miami they say only the T/A can get access to the booking but VGT say they cannot do anything I even asked for some onboard credit as this is my second cruise with NCL this year but no joy with that either.

Which lines do reduce it must not be NCL?
I don't know about NCL but Celebrity RCCI and Princess also I believe. It is absolutely necessary to get your TA to contact the cruise company if you have not booked direct.
Under normal conditions unless it is a SPECIAL or a ONE DAY FIRE SALE that reduction can be applied. The commission the TA receives will be reduced so they will build this into the reduction you receive.

These past few days there is a holy war on the X sites as people want to get an upgrade or a reduction for cruises that have now been reduced under the SPECIAL category.
X are having none of it and they are just going mad! They are so used to paying deposits and if the cancel they get their money back.
One man has cancelled 6 cruises and taken his deposits back as he now wants to wait for late availability etc. What can happen there is that yes you will get the cruise but maybe not the exact one you want or the cabin you want.

On the 2 X cruises I have taken this year Summit I had 2 price drops on one being an over 55 offer. Millennium I am going on the 23rd November and again 2 price drops there with one being again over 55 offer. Price fell by £800 for a 2A balcony so I upgraded from an inside grade 9.

You need to quote that under the terms of the contract should a price drop of more than 2% occur they will honour this reduction.

Hope this helps.

Sue
For an NCL trip 2/11/2008 this is well within the final payment and unlikey to get reductions.

After final most cruise line do not give reductions and price to sell out the ship.

Up to final payments NCL will allow price reductions on some new pricings through the US.
Not so sure about NCL UK bookings if they do they have a change fee(£35pp).

Cross region price reductions are unlikely to be applied.

Ask V2G about making sure any upsell calls are passed through.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.