All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
you can book PortAventura tickets, and tickets for other attractions on-line before you go.
generally prices for food/drink are much the same as at home, but you know that anyway.
if you have not done AI in spain before then you should be aware that in most hotels you get fed -it is not like eating out. you should reserve some money for nights you don't fancy the food on offer or just fancy a change.
check out the other forums like the city breaks and costa brava/dorado ones for more information.
you could also look here
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/
and here
http://www.portaventura.co.uk/calendar?pestanya=00
for more info
It really all depends on how much you eat and drink outside of the hotel, no two AI places are the same in regard to food quality , choice etc, This is where research becomes invaluable.

We have spent as little as £45 a week door to door for a week and im sure many spend nothing.

As for the trips all the prices are available online.
We are doing a 9 day all inclusive and expect to spend at least a few hundred pounds. We don't want to be totally tied to the hotel for food and drinks because we want to see a bit of the location (costa brava) and plan eating out at least once. Plus the all inclusive bar closes just before midnight and we might want another drink. We are also hoping to visit the Nou Camp stadium and i think that costs about twenty pounds each.

I suppose you could do an all inclusive holiday without spending anything, but it's much better if you've got a bit of spending money.
12noon wrote:
We are doing a 9 day all inclusive and expect to spend at least a few hundred pounds. We don't want to be totally tied to the hotel for food and drinks because we want to see a bit of the location (costa brava) and plan eating out at least once. Plus the all inclusive bar closes just before midnight and we might want another drink. We are also hoping to visit the Nou Camp stadium and i think that costs about twenty pounds each.

I suppose you could do an all inclusive holiday without spending anything, but it's much better if you've got a bit of spending money.

Why is it "Much Better"?? It all depends on your holiday plans. Due to work/family commitments we have in the past been exhausted and have just wanted to chill out in the sun and recharge .

On other occasions we have planed as we have this year to eat out on a number of times so will take cash.
£600 is a lot to be taking on an AI holiday. So I really don't think you need to be taking any more. To be honest, if you do spend more, than AI was probably the wrong option( unless it was as cheap as other options). You will probably be surprised at how much of that you take home :)
the cheapest [and quickest] way to get to Barcelona is by rail, once in Barcelona there is a hop on hop off tourist bus to get to most of the places of interest, prices in the city for food and drink can if your not careful be horrendous
The best is to look for last minute or special offers - best value for money I find. Especially worth at the end of high season! I always try to book hotels like that and moste of the time save a lot of money.
Meschugga wrote:
The best is to look for last minute or special offers - best value for money I find. Especially worth at the end of high season! I always try to book hotels like that and moste of the time save a lot of money.

Interesting observation but what has that to do with Spending Money on All Inclusive holidays? :que
Well, it does sound like a useful tactic for reducing how much you spend on the holiday itself? Some of Meschugga's earlier posts suggest that English might not be his first language and perhaps this was an easy mistake to make if all he read was the thread title rather than all the earlier posts?

SM
Hey,

yes I am not a native speaker and obviously didn't understand the question properly. I'll try to do better next time :) Sorry! Didn't mean to offend anyone. I also just read the first post and not all the other answers. Was obviously not the best idea.
Meschugga wrote:
Hey,

yes I am not a native speaker and obviously didn't understand the question properly. I'll try to do better next time :) Sorry! Didn't mean to offend anyone. I also just read the first post and not all the other answers. Was obviously not the best idea.

Hey no offence taken ;)
We are a family of 6 (4 kids) always go AI and rarely eat/drink out whilst on holiday. We've already paid for it once. However we may go into the town and have a wander, buy an ice cream or sit and have 1 drink. We've also paid for family photographs as extra (this was in Turkey)

However one year, 2 of the kids ended up with ear infections and that cost us £200. We always take about £100 for the airport and £200-300 for whilst we're there. We do bring most of it back though.

Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.