Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Spike reporting
17 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves mate. jealous as hell ! hopefully we will be back soon. Sad to hear the boatcruise wasnt up to scratch this year. Thats usually a good laugh. Are you sure it wasnt because you couldnt get the extra strength kingfisher ?
Excellent report Spike thanks for the update :tup
BB - Had the super strength, but it was warm -YUK ! Absolute chaos getting off the boat, it was like the opening of the sales you see in London..
:tup Excellent report, many thanks for sharing
Thanks Spike. Glad you had a good time. We are off tomorrow :D
Have a brilliant trip Fiona, and let us know how you are getting on...............
Ha ha it was Goa-Nation Street Spike not coronation. I nicked it from my friend :). You and Dee were fab company mate. Couldnt have wished for better neighbours. Loved our night out at Wok n Roll so glad you enjoyed it.
Good report Spike. We love Cafe Mojo and usually call in if we are in Panjim, the aircon is a bit strong though. Hope you have your "beer card" ready for top up next time.

We got a good deal on flights with Qatar this year, which is a bit of a novelty when flying from Manchester. We used Carlton Leisure and for the first time ever we have 40 kilos !!!! Woo hoo.
Sorry you are back too the cold so soon Spike, but sounds like you had a good time, enjoyed reading your report

Katie how did you get 40 kilo's with Qatar, we are flying with them in October and it looks like we have only got 23Kg however I can't complain as I won the flights for free and they have let us extend the return flight until December, we also get a week in a posh hotel in holiday street overlooking Calangute beach
Enjoyed reading your report. Good memories.The time just seemed to fly in. We've only been back a day and we are missing the sunshine big time. So cold here! It was great to hook up with you guys again.
Gail & Ray
meagain wrote:

Katie how did you get 40 kilo's with Qatar, we are flying with them in October and it looks like we have only got 23Kg however I can't complain as I won the flights for free and they have let us extend the return flight until December, we also get a week in a posh hotel in holiday street overlooking Calangute beach

I had seen on Trip Advisor that someone had got a good price on Qatar with Carlton Leisure and also got 40 kilo allowance so I gave it a try. The price for our dates was cheaper than booking directly with Qatar but we dithered and then the price went up and we kicked ourselves, like you do. When the price dropped again a couple of days later I booked before they changed their minds and when I got the confirmation through we had the 40kg allowance, but it doesn't tell you this at the time of booking.

My in-laws travelled on Qatar with Southall Travel earlier this year and they got the same allowance. Maybe it's a deal some of the travel agents get. We intend to make the most of it :)
Thanks for the comments.
Always nice to see you Gail & Ray, will keep in mind your kind offer of a trip to Ireland, if it ain't gonna be this year, will look forward to seeing you again in Goa sometime.

KatieP - didn't try the beer cards, just had the odd bottle ( didn't want to go back 'tipsy' - hic hic..) Great idea though, and next time will give it a go, guess there is always a good atmosphere in there at night time.
Thanks for the report, Spike. Glad you made it - I know you were wobbling a bit when visas went up and flights weren't coming down!

We thought Wok and Roll was terrific and will definitely be back there next year - a bit more expensive but well worth it.
Hi roma, yeah had a great time again and looking forward to 2014, but it's 10 months before we start planning, and still things 'wobbly' at work so who knows what's coming my way, so not looking on the downside, but on the sunny side of Goa (and a trip to Spain in September..)
One thing I didn't mention in my report and wondering if any others were approached by a Nigerian on a scooter offering any type of drug you wanted ? He collard us at the end of Whispering Palms beach road, 'man' this, 'man' that told him I would punch his lights out if he came to us again. A big big problem Goa has, and it's going to get worse unless they sort these people out.
great reading your report Spike ;)

it seems we have all given wok and roll the seal of approval i loved it there too and the service is fantastic ;) Jamies was also very very good ...
chilly
Great report Spike, sorry we missed you this year, just by a week I think. Loved Patricks fish n chips also,
catch up again soon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.