Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We only live 45 minutes from Stansted so don't usually need a b&b but if we had to pay for parking at the airport then I would certainly consider a b&b rather than give the money to BAA.

Pippa
Thanks dave! :) Just the information I was after! Its all booked now!!

Pippa - Thank you for the link to the B&B. Maybe if we require one for my next holiday I will look it up ;)
xx
It certainly is a long slog from the Ryanair area. Arrived back from Denmark this evening and as the flight was delayed 30 mins only had 15 mins to catch my bus. I just had hand luggage but as I don't have the speed of Linford Christie or the muscles of Arnie by the time I'd got out of the airport I was out of breath and still missed the bus so had to hang around nearly an hour. :banghead:
Has Starbucks gone from Stansted airport? It does not appear on the website anymore - shame if it has as I like their latte!
Pippa
Hubby and I had coffee in Starbucks on 4th March and didn't see any signs to say they were closing (if there was I might have missed it due to emotional state going home after my Nan's funeral on 3rd). Just looked on map of airport and Starbucks is listed on it. I'd be disappinted if Starbucks has gone from Stansted as whenever hubby and I have been through the airport, we've always had a coffee there.
For what it's worth, Costa have an outlet just where arrivals join the terminal landside.
I work for Hilton Hotels, flying from stansted in Sept got return train tickets from melton mowbray to satnsted direct for 18.10 pound for me and 2 kids (family Railcard) our flight arrives back in after last train home so staying at hilton on staff rate inc transfer from airport to hotel @ 16 pound for the night inc brekkie, no hassle of driving there parking and paying all for under 35 quid

;)
Starbucks is still at Stansted Airport and no signs to say it's closing either. Didn't get coffee before going on holiday as it was jam packed at 0500. Did get coffee before returning to Belfast on way home though. Hubby and I love their coffee. Frappucino with peppermint flavouring is gorgeous, hubby just has Latte.
How weird, just doing my emails and noticed I have received an email from Stansted Airport promoting themselves. Never had that before. Wonder how they got my email addy ? Certainly haven't travelled from Stansted this year even though it's my local, can't remember about last year as had 3 hols and have lost track where I flew from. (not loyal I just go where it's cheapest lol)
hi all
will anyone be flying from stantead on the new flight with ryan air to fuerteventura half term week , there must be seats available as they are still showing same flights as mine ,glad i booked when i did , or am i the only 1 on this flight :think :whoops , i do hope not xxx
Hello and help me, please.
My flight from Tallinn (Estonia,EU) arrives at Stansted Airport at 12:55 and I catch an outgoing flight to Marseille, France the same day at 14:35. Gate closes 14.05. Would I need to go out of the terminal area, pass through passport control/immigration, go through security in order to catch my outgoing flight? I'm pre-checked on-line in all the way to Marseille, EU citizen and I have hand baggage only.
Thanks.
Hi and welcome to HT!

If both flights are on the same ticket you should be able to transit without having to checkin and go through security again. If they are on different tickets or with different carriers you may have to check in again.

luci :wave
if you have booked this with ryanair then you may have a problem as each flight is classified as a single journey and they say on their website that you must pass through security.
so even if you check in on-line they may not consider passing through security at tallin counts, and may insist you go through stansted security.
you may need to contact them if this is the case

Will I be in time for my connecting flight? Is one hour before gate closing time sufficient for an international to international transfer at Stansted Airport without baggage etc.?
In theory yes, IF you only have handbaggage and you have boarding passes issued for each flight when you check in at Tallin. If you are flying with Ryanair, forget it! You will need to recheck in for your second flight when you arrive at Stansted, and you may have problems if your Tallin flight is delayed or if there is a long queue at Border Control to get landside. Even though you are an EU citizen with no baggage, if you are flying with Ryanair OR ANY POINT-TO-POINT airline, you will STILL need to enter the UK, and then queue to collect your second boarding card, UNLESS you have the possibility of computer check in before the flights.

Just a thought: ff your first flight is late in arriving, what would happen to your second leg?
Just a thought: ff your first flight is late in arriving, what would happen to your second leg?

It's terrible to think. :) Most likely, I will throw out tickets and I won't depart from Tallinn.

And if I have the possibility of computer check-in before the second flight, if I make computer check-in in Tallinn for second leg too,:)then how does it work in this case?
Alsacienne wrote:
ff your first flight is late in arriving, what would happen to your second leg?

If you miss your connecting flight due to the inbound one being late, then you'll normally be transferred on the next available flight.

Darren
I agree with you Dazbo wholeheartedly if the second flight is with the same company as the first, or if it is a regular scheduled flight. Unfortunately I think that there are only limited flights per day from Stansted to Nice .................. and the OP might find herself with an overnight's delay with no help with the expenses for food or accommodation ......... especially if FR or EZYare the airlines handling the second sector ........................
The knock-on effect of some early morning problems at Stansted means that today's flights may be subject to delay or cancellation.

Passengers due to fly to or from Stansted today are advised to contact their airline to verify the status of their flight.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.