Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

As we live in Suffolk we don't usually need to overnight at Stansted but have always looked for hotels and b&b's in case they work out cheaper than parking there for a week or two.

One b&b that looks lovely is http://www.thepussywillow.co.uk - they don't actually say on the website about car parking though. Might be worth checking out.

For hotels there is the Hilton which does offer long term parking but is a good 10 - 15 minutes from the airport. The Raddisson which is right next door to the terminal is expensive and their parking inclusive deals use the long stay airport car park. There is also the Express by Holiday Inn but I suspect they also use the long stay airport car park.

Another option would be to use the Travelodge at Dunmow (goes as Stansted Dunmow) which is only a few minutes from the airport and then use the long stay airport car park. The travelodge is available for £29 at the moment for the date you require but I think travelodge are having a £9 sale from 30th December.

Parking at the airport is expensive as there are not many options apart from the official BAA car parks - the further in advance you book the cheaper they tend to be.

Hope this is of help.

Pippa
Thanks Pippa

I had looked on that site but as you said it didn't mention parking,I think the best option I've found so far is the Holiday Inn,it works out around £120,I don't think we have to hand in our car keys,I want to avoid that if possible as when we left our car at a nearby rugby club we found damage to it on our return.I will check out your other suggestions and wait a few days to see if anyone else has any ideas,at the moment I think time is on my side.T.
Holiday Extras has The Whitehall hotel available for £89, this includes parking and a transfer to the airport which is about 3 miles away, taxi back to collect your car costs about £10.
We haven't stayed here but for a one night stay it sounds fine.
Hope this is of some help.
Thanks cazB

I will ring them because it's not clear whether the car is parked on site,it does mention that it may not always be the case.My husband really wants to park the car himself in a "safe" car park in a proper space,last time we took a car to an off-site park it was damaged,they parked the cars so close the wing mirror had to be replaced.T.
Hi All

I've just booked Travelodge room for £9,think I'll probably use long stay car park,if I change my mind I'll only lose £9,but it is handy as a back up plan.Thanks for your advice.T.
Oscarben, I hope that this isn't about to shatter your plans, but I believe that Great Dunmow Travelodge charge for car parking even if it's only for an overnight. This is the exception rather than the rule at Travelodge, but I believe it's something to do with the proximity of Stansted Airport. Better check now rather than have a nasty shock on arrival.

Whatever you find out, Happy New Year and enjoy your holiday when the time comes, despite all the hassle you've had booking it!
On the website it states £3 per 24 hours - so won't break the bank!!

Pippa
BAA website at Stanstead is showing a limited amount of parking for £1.99 a day long-stay at STN.

May be useful to someone!!!!! :D

http://secure.baa.com/baa/baabook.asp?pr=stn&al=stn&agent=STN01&src=MSTN01&CMP
Hi All,I boked the Travelodge (£9) and have booked Pink Elephant for £70.70 so not too bad at all,it saves driving to Stansted during peak times so more relaxing for us all
Booked my stansted parking for end of July 10 days £21.98 - not bad.
really havent a clue where to post this one.....please point me in right direction...

I and others of my family will be traveling in the future between either manchester or liverpool airport and stanstead airport.....and visa versa as going by road from where I live is a big pain... and as those wanting to travel dont drive means taking someone who does.

a while back I found a regular flight from liverpool...but when looking again today it just seems to have dissapeared...

I tried manchester airport sites where it had press releases saying eastern airlines would be flying the route from april 08...ah says me its from manchester now instead of liverpool..

I went on eastern airlines site and it doesnt even list manchester as an airport choice they fly from or to....nor does it list stanstead as a destination or departure choice...

so am stumped now....any one got any info on flights from lpool or manchester to stanstead.
TWEETIE PIE,

This Is Probably Be Best Place To Post ;)

I Unfortunately Don't Know Of Any Airlines That Fly From Either Liverpool Or Manchester To Stansted.

If It Was Of Any Use, You Can Fly Into Heathrow From Manchester

Gower
Can you look at other airports that have flights to where you're hoping to go then try and marry up a different airport to Stansted.
thanks all....any other combinations make flying just as awkward as going by road...I know they did exist...but what happened to them....the eastern airlines flights were for business and leisure travelers...they took route over from belguim airlines....surely they wouldnt start on april 08 and have stopped the flights by aug 09.....they were every day except friday....tweetie
Has anyone preordered an item from Dixonstaxfree for pickup at Stansted Airport - of course collection is after going through security and before flying.

My missus is after an IPOD Nano 5G 8gb (she's got fed-up with me chattering and would prefer to listen to Cliff Richard!) and Dixontaxfree are doing them at a fair price - £97.98 v £107 highstreet.

I understand you phone Dixons store in the airport to preorder, they reserve the item, you pay for it at the airport and if you do not want to take it with you can defer collection and pick it up at arrivals on your return.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Chris
hi all....I always thought stanstead was my sons local airport ....and was askin about flights on here...but have found out gatwick is closer and easier...am now moochin for flights from lpool or manchester...to gatwick....where theres a will theres a way...and god loves a tryer....if I find a flight will post here incase anyone else needs one....my youngest wantin to visit his brother sometime this year and safest bet is to get him a flight
TWEETIE PIE,

There are no flights between Liverpool and Gatwick. British Airways operate several flight per day between Manchester and Gatwick. There's nothing from Liverpool or Manchester to/from Stansted.

Darren
thanks dazbo....suppose BA would be expensive....will chase it up....do they allow 15yr olds to fly alone on a domestic flight...tweetie
:offtop Costs can be reasonable depending on day and how far in advance you book them. Details of BA's SkyFlyer Solo is on their website, 15 should be fine.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.