Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Been trying to find cheaper Aiprot parking at stansted from 4th Aug-19th Aug 1am.
The cheapest price I can find is £105, this seems very expensive, I'm sure the last couple of years we've only paid £50/£60 . So it looks like they have put their parking charges up ! If anyone has found it cheaper please let me know.
Thanks
Kerry
Hi ,I think we paid about £70 last year for 2 weeks from 19 August.I'm pretty sure the price went down from when we first looked,we parked on pink elephant.It may be worth waiting a few weeks.T.
Does Stansted have special lanes at security for families with young children/babies?
Does Stansted have special lanes at security for families with young children/babies?

Sorry no.

Do allow plenty of time because sometimes it takes ages to get through the security control ...
anyone know if the bar in the departure lounge has reopened yet? we've flown from stansted twice this year and it is always boarded up, we were told that it was being refurbished but I'm beginning to doubt that! we will be there sunday and it would be nice to have a g&t while waiting to board.
Hi all,found a cheap car parking site at Stansted,service was very good and I would be happy to recommend them,pm for details if interested,T.
the train station at Stansted is right next to the airport. You literally jump off the train and walk up the steps and the airport is in front of you.
How close are the hotels to the airport, I know radisson Blu is in the airport, but what about the others, looking for ones that are walking distance 5 - 10 mins, still to decide where to book

Got a good price for radisson £60, works benefit discount, so probably will book here
How big is the airport, watch the program on tv last night, seen the mono rail, so where exactly would my departure gate be for ryanair to ancona, and baggage drop area, if anyone can tell me

When I arrive going to be pushed for time, and dont want to miss flight
Stansted isnt huge in terms of entrance/checkin desks and ameneties but the Ryanair/easyjet gates are a long trek . The furthest possible gates usually. Not always on the monorail which only takes 5 mintues itself but always plenty of corridors, esculators etc . I would allow a min of 20 minutes to get to the gate . Good news is they are mainly in a new part of the airport and there will be coffee shops etc en route and at or close by the gates.

Never used the baggage drop but assume it's where the checkin desks are . The hotel or car park bus will drop you at the main entrance and checkin area is literally right in front of you.

Personally I would head towards your gate as soon as you have a gate number and relax once up there.
Last year we used Ardent parking,it an off-site car park with airport transfers.They were cheap and it was a very efficient service.We are using them again this year.T.
Could anyone give me any information on the airport lounge at stansted please?
We are considering it before our next flight to turkey. It says complimentary drinks and bistro style food, what is bistro style food? is it one drink? I know there are two lounges, one specifically for ryanair passengers, we are not flying ryanair so would be using the other one.

many thanks
la
We used Ardent parking again,booked early,8days for £46,we were very pleased with the service we received and would recommend them again.
I remember you mentioning these before Tina . I think because I always use holiday extra's they never come up as an option. We are flying from Gatwick in the summer but next time we are lucky enough to fly from Stansted I will certainly get a price.

How long is the transfer? if we are just going for a weekend , going out early and coming back late I always tend to use the mid stay but for a week at least I wouldnt be concerned about the longer transfer if there was one .

lyn
Hi Lyn it was about 15 mins,we found it better than using a long stay car park and waiting around for the bus,just the 2 of us on a mini bus each time so far.
WARNING: SECURITY DON'T LIKE ELECTRONICS.

Back at the end of July returning from my parents, security had a bad attitude to me having electronics with me. Here's what happened:

Laptop: No problem, that went through in a seperate tray.
Digital camera: No problem, that was in it's case attached to one of the straps on my bumbag.
Mobile phone: No problem, that was in bumbag.

Bags go through scanner, mine is to the side while we get girls back in pushchairs along with all the other trays we'd used, I'm wondering what the problem is. Nothing said about laptop or bumbag. Female staff asks me 'have you got a lot of electronics and asked if I was about to have something confiscated and she said no, they only confiscate liquids over 100mls or scissors over 6cms. I took my Kindle in it's case out of my bag and she looked at it and I said 'that's a kindle, are they allowed' and she said yes they are. The other electronic items were Nintendo Ds and my iPod. I don't consider 1 e reader, 1 games console and 1 music player to be exccessive. I don't have the money to get a tablet to use for travelling which would mean DS, iPod and laptop staying at home. I realise that I might have got a member of staff on a bad day or someone who considers what I had to be a lot which is why I'm asking on here what others think. I'm also thinking about emailing the airport to ask if 1 e reader, 1 games console and 1 music player is excessive.
Hi cate ... other than asking if you were carrying a lot of electronics, was something else said to make you think you were carrying an excessive amount, or that security do not like electronics ? From what you have told us, it just sounds like routine questioning and screening to me, rather than any sort of bad attitude on their part.

David :wave
Hi :cheers

Flying from Stansted next month, and will be travelling only with hand luggage. Can anyone tell me if there is a Boots in the airport to purchase things like shower gel and toothpaste, as obviously we cannot bring it in our hand luggage because they will be over 100ml.

Thanks

p.s ive tried to search on their website, but i cannot seem to find any shop information, and the site isnt as easy to navigate as Manchester airport website. Just so you don't think im being lazy lol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.