Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm off to Poland today, flying from Stansted. I have some €€€s left over from my trip to Germany a couple of weeks ago and was wondering, can they be spent after security in the shops/restaurants at Stansted?
Pippy,

Most airports will accept international currency such as the Euro and USD, I don't see why Stansted wouldn't. You'll probably find prices are in GBP and Euro in duty free.

Darren
Cheers Darren! We're going to be there for a few hours as leaving earlier than we need to in case of Dartford Tunnel problems (had that before now!) so will be buying a fair amount of food and drinks (flight is not until 18.05).
If you intend buying anything onboard Im fairly certain ryanair will take them too pips , although the exchange rate will probably be pants .
Got rid of my €€€s at Stansted and on the flight out and my left over zloty on the flight home :)
Does anyone know if the airside shops at Stansted are open from 4am to 6am please? Particularly interested in Boots.
not sure about 4am but i have been in Boots / W H Smiths at about 0530.
Thanks TSF1 might be a bit too late for them. Fingers crossed it opens at 5am.
doe,

Stanstead airport website says both Boots outlets opens at 0500 (i.e. the one before and one after security). WH Smiths also opens at 0500. Several other outlets open at 0430, ok if you want to buy sunglasses or a purse !
Personally I have used the stansted meet & greet service lots of times and never had any problems. It is so much quicker than the on site car parking.
All, has anyone ever used the meet & greet service at Stansted airport it doesn't seem too bad price wise. You should look at the BAA site for Stansted Airport and note the number of CHECKER CABS - who currently hold the airport concession. They always have lots of cabs waiting at the airport. All over this is good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.