Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
stomach bugs
30 Posts
Lallygirl doesn't sound like a rant to me just very sensible advice. Thanks
Touch wood I have never been ill in Turkey, been ill in Spain once :oops:, we are careful what we eat, although I love seafood I would never eat it in Turkey or any other hot country for that matter, careful with salads and ice cream as well

I find the standard of hygiene to be very good in Turkey, at least if not better than parts of Spain

One more thing the coke think is myth
im not a doctor but if you add a few shots of vodka to the coke, you will still be ill, just you wont really care !!

we take those packets you get for rehydration as in my experience that is the main problem.
The coke thing is not a myth as far as dehydration is concerned - for diarhoea as a lone symptom - no good ! The sugar salt balance in "proper" coke near enough replicates the deydration sachets if the patient is dry. However we find that children (and some adults) will not drink diorylyte so next best thing ..
I should have phrased it better, the myth about it cleaning you out is what I meant to say, I agree that it is good for you when you have stomach upset
sorry for the confusion :oops:
My Grandson was ill a few months ago with a stomach bug and he wouldnt drink the dioralyte, but the Doctor told us to give him flat (full fat) lemonade, he was fine after 24 hours.

TC
FULL FAT LEMONADE ??? seen sugar in the ingtedients but where does the FAT come from... carbonated water.flavourings and sugar is all i can see on the label.. :hmmm
FULL FAT LEMONADE try drinking 10 cans a day you will see where the fat comes in :lol: :lol:
FULL FAT LEMONADE ??? seen sugar in the ingtedients but where does the FAT come from... carbonated water.flavourings and sugar is all i can see on the label

Was trying to have a bit of fun!

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.