France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We always use Formule 1 or Etap hotels. The rooms sleep 3 and are very cheap. Breakfast is usually 3 euros more. If you are doing the last day's travel on a Saturday then the closer you get to the border on the Friday niht the better as saturdays are Dire on French motorways. We usually stop at perpignon or Narbonne on the 2nd night leaving just a short hop on the Sat morning.

Also check if you are travelling on bank holidays as getting fuel can be difficult on these. Some holidays are local and it may be the town you are in where all the garages are shut!

Enjoy.
Bonjour Tim! Why not type Office de Tourisme St Quentin, Office de Tourisme Valence, Office de Tourisme Montelimar into a search engine for hotel accommodation and details of the place. I strongly recommend accommodation with a pool for Montelimar or Valence. Novotels have pools and family rooms sleeping 4 and are quite child-friendly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.