France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We've used Etap on our way to the south of france. Stayed at Clarmont farrand (cant remember exact spelling) It my have been a little too far.

Previously we stopped at Tours and that was way too close :roll:

So on that front Good luck :lol: :lol:

Use the AA route planner when you recieve the Etap info you can send for.

Any search engine and you'll find the Etap site. You can book 100 days in advance. Time this well as these places are snapped up quick.
They are such good value.

And they are always situated near food or beer :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would even go as for as the stroke of midnight for peak season :wink:

Enjoy.
ps

etap hotels come with secure parking. I had the same worries.

Not no more :wink:
We did the etap at Clarmont Ferand this Summer. We landed in calais at about 8 am and reached the hotel at around 4.30 having got stuck in traffic around paris. If you are carrying on South then the motorway south of CF is free and crosses the highest bridge in the world at Millau (6E toll).

Formule 1s are cheaper still but a little bit more basic.
Try Kyriad at http://www.kyriad.fr very clean secure parking nice little hotels all over France.
Roger.
Can recommend Premiere Classe and B&B Hotels. Both have similar room layouts and you can get breakfast. The are both usually very near motorway exits and have secure parking.
On the way to Nice we stay in Troyes and if going towards Spain we have stayed in Vierzon and Bourges (preferred Vierzon) as it is at the cross roads of the motorway and you then have 2 options of which way to go either near Clermont Ferrand or Toulouse.
we used Ibis,formulae 1 and chambre d'hote with no problems anywhere we travelled from Zeebrugge to Midi Pyrenees then back to the chunnel in August any queries please ask regards G
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.