General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
doe wrote:
Last minute I'm looking at Egypt at the moment but prices are high eve n for last minute so it may not happen. I think I will also look at Antalya as th flight is shorter.

We found it cheaper there than Marmaris.If it's nearer the end of October it's either that area or Egypt as you say... Where are you flying from and how much is your budget?
Any of the London airports. Budget I guess is as cheap as I can get it whilst still staying in a decent hotel(would rather stay at home than go to a poor hotel) I have been trying for £600 per person but it is proving tight especially the further into October you go. I can get the Iberotel Palace in Naama bay which is a lovely hotel for about that and a couple of the cheaper hotels in Makadi Bay and the Resta Reef in Marsa Alam but I think the AI food might be iffy in the cheaper ones. Also looked at the three corners in El Gouna but that is nearer £700 per person. What hotel are you saying at in Antalya? Someone at work has just come back from one called the Voyager and she said it was fantastic. She has been to that area a lot and really reckons the high standards of the hotels.

Doe :sun2
doe wrote:
Any of the London airports. Budget I guess is as cheap as I can get it whilst still staying in a decent hotel(would rather stay at home than go to a poor hotel) I have been trying for £600 per person but it is proving tight especially the further into October you go. I can get the Iberotel Palace in Naama bay which is a lovely hotel for about that and a couple of the cheaper hotels in Makadi Bay and the Resta Reef in Marsa Alam but I think the AI food might be iffy in the cheaper ones. Also looked at the three corners in El Gouna but that is nearer £700 per person. What hotel are you saying at in Antalya? Someone at work has just come back from one called the Voyager and she said it was fantastic. She has been to that area a lot and really reckons the high standards of the hotels.

We're going to a place called Camyuva near Kemer. I know someone on here said don't go near Beldibi but it's the other side so we're hoping a little better. I know the Voyage chain of hotels, very expensive but good. I think the cheapest you would get them is £800 odd per person as it's an ultra all inclusive.If they went to the Belek one, it's one of the top rated on tripadvisor ;-)
How many are there going? Looking around the Iberotel looks your best bet for that price. Most are coming up for well over £600 when I look. Unfortunately the school holidays are bumping things up a bit.

You sound very much like us. :D
Only two of us. I reckon where you are going will be fine as the standards of the hotels in that part of turkey seems high from what I read. I am sure we will get something. I even looked into going back to where we did in the summer which was the Costa Calida right in the bottom South East corner of Spain and can get a flight and various lovely apartments there for between £1000 and £1200 but I think I could be unlucky with the weather compared to Turkey or Egypt.

I'm not giving up yet. LOL. But if I can't sort something decent out I would rather hang on and go in the Spring as don't want to waste my money on something we don't like when we get there.

doe wrote:
Only two of us. I reckon where you are going will be fine as the standards of the hotels in that part of turkey seems high from what I read. I am sure we will get something. I even looked into going back to where we did in the summer which was the Costa Calida right in the bottom South East corner of Spain and can get a flight and various lovely apartments there for between £1000 and £1200 but I think I could be unlucky with the weather compared to Turkey or Egypt.

I'm not giving up yet. LOL. But if I can't sort something decent out I would rather hang on and go in the Spring as don't want to waste my money on something we don't like when we get there.

In the end we found ours via Thomas Cook. Just had a look for around 10th October to Antalya area and there are some more around your price range on there. ;-)
If you can wait till nearer the end of the month it's cheaper still and that was just looking at 4 and 5* hotels...
Thanks. I have been looking on TC, Thomson( they have the iberotel) firstchoice , red sea holidays, and also looked at booking easyjet flightS and booking a hotel through travel republic or hotels4U. So here are plenty of possibilities. Can't really go at the end of the month but have noticed that the prices drop away and then by Nov there are bargains to be had.
doe wrote:
Thanks. I have been looking on TC, Thomson( they have the iberotel) firstchoice , red sea holidays, and also looked at booking easyjet flightS and booking a hotel through travel republic or hotels4U. So here are plenty of possibilities. Can't really go at the end of the month but have noticed that the prices drop away and then by Nov there are bargains to be had.

Presumably you checked Easyjet holidays as well? The hotel we saw in the beginning was a fair bit cheaper on there...Lowcostholidays offered some good alternatives and so did loveholidays as well...
Yes tried EJ but not the other two as was getting brain numb with it all . You are right about TC they have some good deals in the SIde, Antalya, Belek area
doe wrote:
Yes tried EJ but not the other two as was getting brain numb with it all . You are right about TC they have some good deals in the SIde, Antalya, Belek area

I got like that as well. I love organising other peoples holidays for them and doing our own DIY but this was the giddy limit. I was getting to the point a week wouldn't be enough to get other the stress of finding one...! lol
MrsAniekwe wrote:
what about Salou?

Thanks for your reply and suggestion but it came a bit too late as I'm back now ;)
come on- tell us. Did you have a good time and where did you end up? :D
Fiona wrote:
come on- tell us. Did you have a good time and where did you end up? :D

It's on the first page ;)

Went to Turkey, mixed feelings though and Thomas Cook/Rep were next to useless. Had a good time but the niggles weren't great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.