Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Make sure that you go to Ho Chi Min City, like others have already told you, it is fabulous.

Have you booked anything yet or just flights and then going to go as and when?..

MC
Hi Frank,

My partner and I went to Vietnam for 14 days in December 2015. If you plan to stay more than 14 days, you will need to pay for a 30-day Visa on Arrival (U$30-35) at the airport. We fly in to Hanoi and fly out from HCMC/Saigon. Sapa is quite a relaxing place to visit, and make sure you join the hilltribe for a day of hiking. Halong bay can be a bit touristy but the scenery is worth it. From Hanoi we took an overnight sleeper train to Hue. Of course you could also fly to Danang from Hanoi, but we found train journeys are the best way to travel in Vietnam and get to see the real way of Life there. Hue and Hoi An are both charming towns with lots of history and character. I highly recommend you to take the morning train from Hue to Danang via the Hai Van Pass, along the South China Sea. We only have time for a short stay in HCMC, one of the highlight is the Reunification Palace. There are a few museums worth visiting in HCMC including the National History Museum near to the Zoo, and the War Remnants Museum.

I suggest you buy a DK Eyewitness Vietnam Travel Guide to compliment the Lonely Planet that you already had. It will give you a colourful idea of what to expect when you're in Vietnam.

Here is a sample 20-day itinerary for your reference: http://travarranger.wix.com/travarranger#!charms-of-vietnam-20-day/c1p6k

Happy travels,
Konstantine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.