General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi kook.....Quote Ref: AHL-EC9453.....this is thomascook holidays ...lago taurito....£776 for 2 x 7days....I went last year and going back this year.....lots of quite places to sun bathe....and incase you get bored and fancy a change a ten minute bus ride for 1.2o euro each will take you to pourta mogan....its a lovely place to stroll around the port....photos in the gallery and check out the hotel reports.....tweetie
Thanks for your reply ... will show hubby.

Have been to Gran Canaria twice and loads of time to Tenerife (one day we will buy there!). Good thing about the Canary Isles is the weather as we would love to go somewhere where we are pretty much guaranteed sun bathing weather and the flights not too long. Long haul seems a bit of a waste of time for a weeks hols - would be OK for 10 days +

Just can't decide where to go this time. Looked at one in Turkey but the complex is absolutely huge and we are a bit worried abouit it being more family/kid orientated than suitable for a couple of middle-aged sun lovers with an penchant for a few drinks, good food and not a lot more! Another was in Rhodes but hotel is brand new and we would be some of the first guests so a bit worried it might still be being built. Sounds luxurious though and may try it next year when it's had chance to get going.

Good price on this holiday. This is supposed to be a cheap week as hubby wants to go to Cuba later in the year so that will be a tad more expensive!

Thanks again for your reply, your time is much appreciated.
Hi,

Have you considered Egypt? If it is a relaxing holiday with very good food, I can recommend the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay hotel (approx 20/25 mins from Hurghada) Have been for the past 2 years, and would have no hesitation in returning again.

Regards,
Pat
Hiya

May I suggest some wonderful AI complexes in Turkey?

We always go for the smaller ones, 450 rooms, and like you we are now travelling as a couple so, can give a bit more thought to our needs.

We travel to the Voyage Torba at the beginning of May, just been re furbed to a high standard, has 6 a la cartes, some wonderful internatonal branded drinks, quiet pool, private beach area, adult only beach, and not a high rise in sight. So that's one to consider.

Also, The Kadikale Resort or the new Kefaluka Resort. These 3 hotels are on the Bodrum Peninsula, all have wonderful views, and easy acess to all the other little towns and villages along the way.The transport system is superb, and the walks and lovely markets are well worth doing.

Oooooooh, another one that may be a good intro into Turkey, is the La Blanche Resort in Turgutreis, again on the peninsula, and flying into Bodrum

You could also look at the Sentido Perissia in Side, another superb hotel, or the Cornelia Deluxe in Belek, both these hotels are by flying into Antalya.

All of excellent quality, mini bars and safety deposit boxes in rooms, room service offered at some, and all have that chill out factor you are looking for.

Hope this is of some use, and if not this year, maybe next??????????????????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.