General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Why not try Turkey,some of the AI hotels there are very reasonable,we only paid £1700 for 2 adults in August this year.Can't recommend the hotel we stayed at though as the air conditioning was not good,it was centrally controlled and not on very long.We have booked Marmaris Park hotel for next year,haven't been there before but it does have rooms with aircon that you can control yourself.I would say that if you go in high season that would be a neccessity.
Whilst I wouldn't describe it as luxury, the America Hotel in Calas de Mallorca is a reasonably priced good quality 3 star all inclusive hotel that has lots going on for families, but also has a grassed area with comfortable sun loungers overlooking the lovely cove which is relatively quiet compared to the areas around the three pools. Fantastic beach 2 minutes walk down a few steps, food good and also a two minute stroll from bars and touristy type shops. We went there in July this year, first time on a summer holiday as a couple without our children, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We booked hotel, flights and transfers separately and it worked out approx £600 each for two weeks.
i have been doing AI since my oldest child was 12(now 16) and wouldn't go anything else with children it gives them freedom and saves them asking for things all the time less stressful for the parent!!! we have been to some good and some bad the best one was cala n bosch hotel in menorca great location right on the beach food great and bus stop outside hotel to take to to citudella also have done gazala gardens in naama bay Egypt this year (without children ) that was fab fanatastic food location and service
i personally wouldn't go with family not that i don't get on with mine but we like to have time for ourselves on holiday
I don't think you can beat some places in the Caribbean for AI value. Have you looked at Cuba or the Dominican republic? The chain of hotels I'd recommend would be the Rius and Iberostars as there's plenty going on for adults and children.
Thanks for the replies, we're not considering the Carribbean (even though I have been and it is lovely) for 2 reasons - one is length of flight, the other is that we will be going Aug/\|Sept time which is still hurricaine season.

Thanks again, am now going to look at your recommendations. :) :) :) :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.