Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi, I've only popped into Fuengirola & too be honest I wasn't that keen, lots of busy traffic. I've heard however, that the Los Boliches end is really nice, gets good reviews.
Thanks Glynis...........the hunt continues for accom and also whether we've chosen the right resort. We've only booked our flights thus far so we can stay in any resort once decided with a little help hopefully ;)
Can thoroughly recommend this place... close enough to Fuengi to dip in and out from the oasis of Los Boliches...

http://www.apartamentosnuriasol.com/
Thanks jimg..............will take a look. Could you give me a rundown of the areas that make the resort up please ? i.e. where things are located and what there is in each area ?

Thanks in advance
Local area.........I'm trying to get a feel for the resort as a whole. We're only there for 3 days so we want to be close to the nightlife but I understand it varies from area to area ? Plus not too far from the beach. Thanks in advance
OK... not sure of the age group but if its late and lively you're after Benalmadena with its 24-hour Square and assorted pubs and clubs is the place... Fuengi can be loud and lively, too... in between, Torreblanca (where I'm billetted) is quieter but with some lovely seafront bars and restaurants, notably Gavia which is making a big comeback, now more in reach with people's pockets.. there's Paganini's pizzeria which is quite lively at weekends and the seafront Chiringuitos (fish restaurants), also my own favourite local, the Red Dragon... but not the type of nitelife I suspect you're after. And accomodation away from the front at Torreblanca can involve a bit of a hillclimb. I mentioned Los Boliches as its close enough to Fuengi, 3 minutes by train, 10 by bus or 25 on foot, and at the same time, far enough from the madding crowd to be able to dip in and out. The Nuriasol apartments are very well finished as they were intended for residential use; they're two minutes walk from the train station, so no taxi required from the airport (big, big saving for a group)... five minutes from the beach which itself is about 7 miles long, and no more than 10-12 minutes from a raft of lovely little seafront and backstreet bars and restaurants. Personal favourites are the Chinese in the square on the seafront (a straight line from Nuriasol), Meson Bravo two streets back from the front on the Fuengi side and Santorini, a Greek, 10 minutes in the other direction. There's a vast supermarket underneath and El Cortes Ingles (department store) right beside the elevated train station. I wouldn't be the best person to ask about niteclubs but there's a very lively Irish rock bar called Pogs, just where Los Boliches meets Fuengi. Google Los Boliches and you'll maybe get a better idea, but it is a good staging post.
Hope that helps.

PS... if you hit the right date in July, you'll catch the Festival of Carmen which is a fantastic spectacle... when the local fishermen carry a statue of the local saint thru the streets and down into the sea, right up to their necks, to bless the next year's catch... thousands line the streets to watch with music and fireworks long into the night.
Sapphire5 I know it is off topic but I nearly put my thumb through my monitor to kill your insect, clever when you get two on the screen they are in syncro
:rofl Ha Ha Ha sorry shrimper

jimg, that info is really helpful thanks very much. I've checked the apartments out but struggling to book for less than a week on any of the sites so I've looked at the Ronda 4 apartments :que I meant to say our age range is very mixed.........from 25 to 60
Nuriasol will normally take 3-4-5 day bookings but maybe not in July high season... here's their number, you could maybe try calling direct... 00 34952 663864... Ronda4 is well sited on the front but look also at the Confortel, Hotel Torreblanca, Fuengirola Park and even Gardenia Park, all a few minutes from train stops... for a group that size there's a saving of around 150 euros to be made by taking the train instead of taxis

PS.. my dad, who is 82, goes several times a year to the Jupiter-Minerva apt complex in Benalmadena because my place at Torreblanca is "too quiet for him"... there is, indeed, quite a lively nightlife around the Bonanza Square area, where Jupiter-Minerva is situated, in July... another option, perhaps?
Brilliant...........you've been really helpful. I'll take a look at all your suggestions.

I've actually had a quote for return private transfers for €120 (€8 pp) which I thought was pretty good
I agree with jimg, Minerva Jupiter apartments are in a great area called Bonanza Square. Loads of pubs, restaurants and live entertainment venues within 5 mins
We are going back in July next year after loving this years holiday there. Pool area is great too. Only 15 min walk to 24 hr Square or 5-10 min walk to beach.
The marina in Benal is second to none too, worth a visit .
Ive stayed at the Ronda on several occasions and have found it to be clean and comfy, only about a 10 minute walk from the train station and in the quieter part of the resort, the streets off the sea front tend to be more traditional than central fuengirola, theres a few good seafood restauraunts and bars nearby, a good choice for the time you want.
jimg wrote:
So how'd you fare out, Saph?

They haven't been back since November Jim :(
Jimg
have u heard of acardia villas le sirrezuela or even know where they are situated from fuengirola town I have a party of 20 staying there nxt may for hubbys 50th birthday
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.