Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
no probs, have a lovely holiday.

Catherine x
fussy eaters are catered for, there was steak and chicken on the menu cooked to order, although if you didnt say you wanted it well done, it was usually bloody or sometimes under cooked......

we had a junior suite and had huge bed in the bedroom
Thanks for taking the time to let me know, KandR. 4 weeks to go now and on the countdown :D
you also get cocktails on the all inc, if you order a kids one, check it first as we did, and found it to be an adults one!!!!!!

we found the staff wonderful, and we also did the trip to lanzarote ourselves, there is also a security guard who moves the older kids on at night if they are in groups, and he does not mess about either........well, thats when we went in july!
We've booked to go in August 2008, and since booking, I have been a bit alarmed about some of the reviews/comments, such as cockroaches, building work, and not very high standards of food....someone, please tell me these comments are rubbish, and it's really o.k.????
Holidayinghubbard, have you read the reviews on here? I was the last person to post a review in February, which you can read here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/fuerteventura/corralejo/suite-hotel-atlantis-fuerteventura-resort-hotel/

Its the first review you'll come to.

I've covered the building work and food in there, but I can honestly say I didn't see one single cockroach.

HTH

C x
well ive searched high and low on the hotel reviews, and this place seems to score high marks, so im hoping to go in november, thomas cook want £1500, and first choice wants £992 for the same dates, and roughly the same flight times from the same airport for two weeks self catering 2 adults and 2 kids
Thank you ScottishMum and Little Legs, I have scoured futher, and you are both right, there are some excellent reviews on the place.

Now I am really looking forward to my holiday next year!!!
Hi

We are travelling here in August, and will have our four year old, and four month old with us! Can't wait! :D
Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is a kettle in the room - or if I need to buy a travel kettle to boil water for night time drink for dd, and water for sterilising etc. We did email the hotel, but they haven't responded.
Also - does anyone know what nappy brands they sell out there - can I get pampers or is it just local brands?
TIA
Hi Cathy,

I can't confirm for definite if all the rooms don't have kettles as we were all inclusive and they didn't. However, if you get a self catering room then they should have one!

We were in a Junior Suite if that helps?

C x
Thanks - we are going AI too - so will work on the basis that I need to buy one!!!
Anyone been to these apartments on a self catering basis going 18/08/2007 what can we expect
depending on what you want from a holiday, by all the reviews it looks like you will have a great time, ive never been to this island before, but with what ive read about this resort and complex, its going to be a good one, ive just booked fortwo adults and two kids self catering in november for £970 for two weeks. and 'm really looking forward to this one,

you make your own holiday reguardless of where your staying
There is a supermarket onsite which is handy if you are self catering and eating in.

However, there doesn't seem to be much in the immediate vicinity for eating out, as its situated in a kind of residential area. It will probably take you about a ten minute walk to the nearest restaurants I think.

HTH

Catherine x
Just got back. I'd say this is a great place if you have chldren. Much as we love children and have lovely grandchildren, if you are adult only this place could be your nightmare. everything was lovely, but the dining room was bedlam. I have never in my life heard such a racket of babies crying and kids screaming. Outside the dining room on our first night we counted 20 buggies in a buggypark at the door! Very much child friendly and that's good but if we had known in advance how baby friendly it was we would definately not have gone there. We always enjoy our hols and we also enjoyed this one as the accomodation was first class although this sounds like a real moan. It was nice to see the cute wee kids enjoying themselves so much, but when they are exhausted with the heat and they are wheeled in and out of the bar up until midnight it means this is not ideal for us oldies.
Welcome home Digby :wave

I'd be grateful if you'd copy your review HERE when you have time please.

Many thanks :tup

Pippy :D
Hi Everyone

After much debate we have finally decided, and booked today to go here for May Half Term 2008.
We have 2 kids who will then be aged 10 and 13 years... Can anyone give us info on the kids clubs? They both love the kids clubs and we wondered if anyone can tell us what sort of hours they run and what sort of activities they do?
Also my youngest would like to know if inflatables are allowed in the pools? He has an inflatable shark that he brings on all holidays (its called Tikna and its one of the family!!)
We've booked a 2 bedroomed suite - does anyone have any info on these rooms? Are there kettles in the rooms?
What sort of trips can we do? We plan a day at the waterpark, but wondered if there are any others worth doing?
And finally (for now!) are pool towels provided?

Many thanks in advance :D
Some ideas for days out HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi, Southernbrummie. We are just back, but we were adults with no children. I am sure your family will have a fantastic holiday,but sorry cannot tell you about the kids clubs except to say the children seemed to have plenty to do. I can assure you though that Tikna will be allowed in the pools and will not be the only shark there. Lots of inflatables, even selling them in the little shop on site. We actually were all inclusive as most of the families there were, therefore there was no kettle in the suite, but maybe there is in the self catering suites. The suites are just lovely, absolutely spotless, fresh towels every day, very comfortable beds, tv with mostly foreign channels but able to keep up with the home news on Sky news. If you go to the spa in the morning you get pool towels which can be changed morning or afternoon. We did a day trip to Lanzarote which was a wee change, only about 15 mns by ferry. You should consider A.I. as at times we felt sorry for the S.C. people who had to pay for every drink at the bar while the rest of us could go to the bar for free all night if we wanted, also all water and soft drinks all day. Enjoy planning your trip!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.