Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Cathie 1, Yes there is aircon. in the dining room and also in the accommodation. We were in a 1 bedroom suite and the aircon. was in the lounge area, but it also kept the bedroom cool. I think most of the babies we saw were in little white highchairs. You can actually wear anything in the dining area except swimwear, although they ask for long trousers in the evening a lot of men were wearing their crop trousers. Hope this helps.
Does anyone have an e-mail address for this hotel tried twice on one no reply want to know if the towels are available to self catering guests.
Also anyone used the ferry to Lanzarotte how much is it etc
Anyone been to the Atlantis this year? :idea:

We are going for a week on 7 August. This look slike a fairly big complex set amongst widespread grounds and a number of pools. Can anyone recommend a specific room/area/apartment block to stay in (might request this before we go)?

Also we have booked self catering but are thinking of paying for the All Inclusive option when we get there - any recommendations on this? Also how much is it?

Finally, how much are taxi transfers and are the taxi ranks okay at the airport?

Thank you!
while where on the subject of this hotel, anyone knows where there is a detailed map of the resort where it actully points this hotel out, ive found quite a few, but for some unknow reason the suite atlantis is never on
Hi
Kids club was better for the over 8 age group.
Nappies etc for sale in Netto - £10 for 14!!!!!!
Towels require a 20 Euro returnable deposit each - you can change them for 1 euro a towel, as many times as you like. 1 free change for fortnight stays.
Inflatables are allowed in the pool, the hotel shop has a good selection, at reasonable prices.
We thought that being peak summer holiday time the place would be over run with children - but it wasn't, and we'd have been happy enough going there as an adult only holiday - but it would have been a very different holiday for us!
Building work not noisy at all.
Taxi to Correlejo nice and quick - about 3 - 5 euros each way. Lots of choice of places to eat when you get there.
HTH[/list]
just recived a letter today (14th August 2007) from First choice saying that there is TWO projects been carried out in the vicinity

first is a new hotel, and the second is the construction of new private villas on a nearby plot of land, the main structure as not yet been built as yet, but the land is now been cleared in preparation for this.

first choice of course as no control over this work been carried out, but my main worry is that when we go on the 7th of november there is a likelyhood, of been near this as my two girls aged 8 months and 8 years both suffer from athsma, and the extra dust will contribute to there illness, could i do anything to make sure we are not near this, or will i have to take pot luck where the hotel put us reguarding room allication
I have received a letter of Direct Holidays regarding my holiday in August at he Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura.

The letter advises me that "The construction of a new large hotel and tennis academy is taking place close to it, and that this work is taking place on one extensive site", also "work is taking place on a separate sice close to the property to build a new block of apartments with garages underneath"

It does not give me an option to cancel my holiday with a full refund, just the option to transfer to a different holiday with no admin fees, and any additional costs paid by me.

Has anyone been recently?
Hi,
The work is not going to affect your holiday in the slightest, which is why they are not offering you a change. Please go and enjoy yourself, if it wasn't for the 6 cranes in the sky, which are not operational at the moment, you wouldn't even know there was work going on.
hi

we stayed there 2 years ago, when the work first started, we went in the july, and did not have any problems with building work

the only time we knew it was going on was, the site of the cranes when the bus drove up, you could just see the tops of them..

and we used to sit by the top pool, and the children enjoyed watching what items were going up and down in the cranes, they are not that close, and we didnt hear any noise from them....

its quite an upmarket hotel, lovely cocktails on the AI, we used to tip a couple of waiters and they looked after us the whole holiday, they were brilliant!

just check the kids cocktails tho, as twice they were given ones with alchohol in, we had a lovely time, i am sure you will too
Another question.....

Do men have to wear long trousers to dinner in the evening, or will dressy shorts or 3/4 lengths be o.k.?
I agree too about the building work, if you read down the reviews on this hotel and look for "Catherine Laurie" you'll see mine from last February. I put a full paragraph on there about it. I would have copied and pasted it but it doesn't let you copy from HT reviews for copyright reasons.

My husband wore 3/4 length trousers every night no problem .

HTH

C x
So disappointed, just tried to book a week here in November and the hotel is "blocked", no-one can make a booking. Have tried all the travel agents. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?
Very strange, its now back on Thomas Cook website, but only flying from East Midlands!

Not sure I feel confident enough to book it, sounds like there maybe something not quite right.

Anybody heard anything?

Would love to hear from recent visitors to the hotel..............
Hi we are going to Suite-Hotel Atlantis Resort in Corralejo soon and wondered if anyone knows if the snake show guy apears here.

Have read some old reviews and he has done shows here in the past.
If anyone would like to update our reviews, please do so HERE :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.