Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
summer season
18 Posts
Well the staff will always tell you it's their winter at that time so I assume that means winter season too. what we have found is that it can be very chilly at night at that time but depending on how flexible your hotel is they may do it outside if the weather warrants it . I shouldnt get too exited though dcoops as the entertainment in egypt is not up to much
I'm afraid what Lyn says about the entertainment is true. ;) We have been twice in April and we found that if we went to Namma Bay of an evening and wished to eat sitting outside of a restaurant we needed a cardi or pashmina to keep the chills off. It can be a bit breezy. Daytime temps were fine, although between four and five pm you start to chase the sun around the swimming pools IFYKWIM.

To me the way I work out if its offically winter or summer season is to go by the tour operators brouchures. They sell April as winter season.

The plus side of going at this time of the year, is that you get far less reports of tummy troubles etc than you do in the height of the summer.

Doe :sun2
what does IFYKWIM. mean Chris :rofl

I am so out of touch
I love Egypt (Sharm) but the evening entertainment is the last thing I go for! :rofl :rofl
lynwestie wrote:
what does IFYKWIM. mean Chris :rofl

I am so out of touch

If you know what I mean. :rofl But I am also so far out of touch I have probably got that wrong and I have just remembered we are not allowed text speech on here so I have given myself a serious telling off.

As you are both about, Lyn and Pipppy, do you know has the Conrad at Sharm changed it's name ?
Yes, it's now the Coral Sea Imperial ;)

I think it's going to cause confusion :que
:kiss Ah that explains why I was getting confused on the FC web-site.
thanks ,going to coral sea resort with a 7yr old girl who loves mini disco and all of the shows so im affraid thats must do on holliday. i do enjoy the shows myself though! looks like pack a cardi for if we do go out and about and suffer the stuffy place for mini disco, never mind
I'm sure you'll still have fun ;)
As it's first choice run/owned you will probably find they have a little more than most on offer entertainment wise dcoops :)
im sure we ll have a great time. not sure if FC classed it as summer or winter cant remember, but east midlands airport say its on summer time table but ive seen else where as its classed as a winter holiday, was wondering if things will change 1/2 way through as its easter then
Wouldn't have thought so really, the good thing about the red sea resorts are they are suitable for all year round holidays. This seems to mean that the hotels are always failrly busy and so they have a bit of atmosphere to them.
Tour operators usually class November until the end of April as winter season.May until the end of October as summer season.
If its considered cold when you are at the CSR the entertainment will be indoors.
We have been in April and May and found it about 80 degrees at night and sweltering, mind you i think that was a heatwave :wave: Now i have been in most months i am sticking to November, i have had enough summer visits to doctors for injections, November bum stick free :D
The 3 times we have been early April it has mostly been between 30-35 degrees but as chris says you loose the sun 4.30-5pm or even earlier if you havnt bagged the best sunbed locations :rofl
The good news is its an up early place . Some people are up sunbathing at 6.30am and the hottest time is probably late morning . after about 2 oclock the heat starts to go.
dcoops I think if you are going to the First choice Coral Sea resort you will be fine as it has always got good reviews on this site and I think the FC hotels have better entertainment than most out there. Wouldn't mind going myself, but everything for April seems expensive. hotels that I have bben to like the Crowne Plaza and Rennaisance don't have any entertainment at all, unless you count puffing on a shisha pipe and a bit of background music here and there.
thanks everyone for all your help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.