General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:D Hi Catherine, I did this last time around. I put in three parks (Reighton sands, blue dolphin , and primrose valley), all three parks are more or less near each other, so wasn't too bothered which one we got as we had been to all three, and there was not much difference in the facilities between all three. We got our 2nd choice blue dolphin. I only put in 1 set of dates (Schools hols mon-fri), as this was the only time we could go (It says you have to put 4 sets of dates down, and four different parks). We didn't, and got which park, and dates we wanted.

Just thought I would mentioned, when you have took into consideration, the service charge, and the entertainment pass charge per person, (Service charge per night), your not saving all that much, (Maybe £30), but hey £30 is better in your pocket, than their's, if it was just £9.50 per person (With no extra charge), then it would be a great deal!!

Also when the £9.50 hol promotion comes around again, you get a priorority booking form sent straight to your address, about a week before the promotion, starts . Hope this has helped. Enjoy. BBB
Thanks for that, its all Spanish parks we want and I've put down all different dates so I'm sure I'll get one of them!

I priced at week at Castell Montgri for September, accommodation only and it was £280, so having calculated everything up I think we'll still make quite a bit of a saving!

here's hoping! Its all in an envelope ready to go.
sent mine off monday - put down only 2 parks (both in brean) and all dates in September

we went to spain on one of these holidays a couple of years ago - we ended up at the vilanova park in vilanova i la geltru - it was ok but we went end of september and the park finished its season the week before!!! it was quite a way out of the town but the local bus went past every ½ hour - we flew to barcelona then took the train down - quite an adventure but for the price who can complain!!!

i'll keep you informed when i hear about mine!!
If there are less than 4 of you going you have to pay a fee of £38 on top of the other charges
done them twice before and never again, i said this after the first time but relented the reason why i wouldn'd do so again is!

on both occasions if you check with british holidays web site nearer your estimated date you can usually get (in my experience) a silver or gold standard caravan 3 bedrooms (i had booked 2 bedroom) with linen on your chosen date (or near as) at your chosen park for roughly £25/£30 dearer, but i would have been able to take along my parents for a little break for them.

once you added the extras on top of the £9.50 holidays you are cheaper booking direct.

last year i cancelled due to a mix up with dates and lost my deposit which it clearly stated was non-refundable but when i checked the web page of british holidays the offer as described above was available.

check it out before going ahead and you will find that for a little extra you get a higher spec caravan, preffered date and location.

nemo.
had my confirmation from pontins in brean today!!!

got the park we wanted from 22 sept for 3 day so got the dates too!!!

only got to pay extra £10 for linen so a 3 night break is costing £48!

as per nemo's post i had a look at booking myself and it would have cost £95!
Sounds like a good deal Alizda.

I haven't heard anything back yet. Has your cheque been cashed, mine hasn't yet. :?

Catherine x
No it hasn't - I won't be to eager to chase it up either!!
Nothing in the mail today either :(
cheque was cashed today :cry:

too much to expect them to loose it :rofl
Hi, I got mine today but bit disappointed as got my last chosen date and my last chosen park. This was meant to be on a priorty booking as well as booked last year. Still better than nothing I suppose! My cheque was cashed last week.
STILL nothing and cheque still not cashed!

Getting worried now :(
:D Don't worry, I waited over five weeks, for my confirmation, and cheque clearing, they prob have thousands of applications to get through! BBB.
def not cheaper booking direct
Thanks BBB. I just thought I would be among the first to hear since I sent off on the first day possible.

Spoke to my cousin tonight who sent on the same day as me and he hasn't heard back either, so not quite so worried now.

C xxx
Hi there.
Aftre booking this £9.50 holiday we did get our first choice date and park (although I accidently forgot to send coupons with form!!) and after upgrading and passes etc it would have been cheaper for me to book on the net. So I phone them and they gave it all to me for even cheaper then the net price! Cant say fairer then that!
I sent my tokens off four weeks ago and haven't heard a thing, is this usual? I have chosen late October and thought they maybe saw to earlier dates first. I sent a postal order so dont know if ifs cashed. Is there anyway of finding out if you got what you picked?
hi we must have been very lucky i posted my tokens on the first day i could ( the monday) and recieved my holiday details on the 2nd feb i got my first choice of park and i only put 1 choice of date which i got too. Either im lucky or no-one else wants to go to pontins in hemsby (norfolk) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Ooooooo cheques been cashed, it came off on Tuesday! :D
Just waiting on the envelope now 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.