General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
yeh, we are going on a sun holiday in october half term for £38 for 2 adults and 2 children. we have had to pay an extra £50 for entertainment passes and electric. thats for 4 nights monday to fri. we have been on loads, a lot seem to be haven holiday parks, which are really great with everything going on and the kids love it. once you have a holiday with the sun, they send you priority order forms for hte next time they do them so you have less tokens to collect and can book online to be sure of what you want and when. we didnt go last year so didnt have priority form this time and were initally unsucessful in our first choice of greenacres, but they send you a list of dates and parks available and you can then do it online, which we did, and got greenacres after all. £88 for 4 nights at half term for 4 people cant be bad, so go for it. anyway ive gone on quiet a bit about it so sorry, but id recommend it for anyone. enjoy
Thanks very much dcoops for all the information,- really useful. Have been collecting the tokens since last weekend, and am hoping to get a cheap few nights in the school holiday time/half term. Been on a couple of haven holidays before and really like them, but always at full price!
Only thing is, there are only three of us, two adults and one child, and I think that we will have to pay as if we were two adults and two children.
Oh well, even if that is the case, it still seems like a good deal. Hope we are successful.Enjoy your holiday.
yeh that is the only draw back it is based on 4 people, but then i suppose you will only pay for 3 people for entertainment passes and under 5s go free. hope you get what you want, you will have to let us know if your successful. what area were you hoping for, i have only been to the haven at hafan y mor and greenacres in wales, so dont know what anywhere else is like
I'm not sure what we're after at the moment, but will look through the list in the paper, and take it from there! Will let you know if we are successful.
Happy holidays.
Hi,

Does anyone know when you get to hear if you have been successful in getting your holiday. We sent in our booking form last Monday, and was just wondering when you get to hear.
If anyone knows from past experience, I'd be grateful.

Cheers
Q. When will I receive my holiday confirmation?

A.You will receive your holiday confirmation by September 30, 2009 or, if unsuccessful, your payment will be returned by that date. If you have not heard anything by this date please telephone our hotline on 0844 543 9743 (calls cost 5p per minute from a BT land line and may be monitored or recorded for staff training purposes).
Thanks very much for replying. Good to know we will hear soon one way or the other. X
hi sometimes it can be better if you are unsuccsessful as they let you book online. i wanted to go to greenacres as ive mentioned before, at the october half term, but had letter back saying i was unsuccessful, went online with the password your given adn hey presto got in at greenacres at half term. if you book online it lets you know whats available when. hope you hear soon, the waiting is the worst bit. let us know if you get what you want
Hi there.
Unfortunatly, we were unsuccessful in all our choices,- both dates and holiday parks. However, we were, as you say able to go online, and hunt around for what was still available. It took a little time, as we had to find a completly different date, and park, but eventually settled on one in north wales for three nights in December.
Really pleased we got something after all! Looking forward to it now. Do you know how often the Sun run the holidays? I've noticed that you can go abroad as well. I know it would be more expensive to do this. Have you ever done this, or do you tend to stay in the UK?
Not long till half term now. Hope you have a great holiday.
we have been to a French site twice,and going again for Oct half term :) we save loads by booking with the Sun

It isn't more expensive as entertainments passes are free!
you do have to pay £15 damage insurance waiver thingy though
we have paid £77 for a 2 bed for mon - fri

using tesco deals for eurotunnel too :tup

They do these hols at least 4 times a year
Thanks Rachie B. That's great news about going abroad. I'll definitly keep France in mind for our next sun holiday if we get one (havent been on our first one yet lol.
Also, thought it was only a couple of times a year when they ran the holidays, so that's even better!. I'll keep an eye on the paper in future. Enjoy your holiday in October. Not long till half term now. X
Thank you :)
less than 2 weeks to go and we will be there ( leaving early on the sat morning ) I sooooo need a holiday ! lol

x
Hi everybody. Hope you all had a good christmas. Does anybody know when the sun holidays start again? I'm hoping it's gonna be in January.
I've been on one already this year, so should i get a priorty booking form, or are they sent out randomly? Trying to decide whether to go ahead and book a break for feb half term, or hold off to see if the sun holidays will be running again.
we have been doing SUN holidays since 2006
have been to France 3 times,Butlins about 3 times I think and a few sites in Devon about 4 times!

We can only holiday during school holidays ,so always make a good saving

lol you only need 10 tokens so don't have to buy the paper for a month!

and once you have booked a holiday once,you should ( in theory!) receive priority booking code next time round,enabling you to book online ,without any of the waiting to find out what holiday you have got!
i didn't get a priority form this time round and e-mailed through the sun website and was told they are sent out to random people.i haven't been on the 9.50 hols for a couple of years and i'm hoping we get booked sending the codes away :que i'm on a list for priority code but end of the queque :cry
Beermat,- I have been on one Sun holiday last year, but did'nt recieve a priorty code. I thought I would get one, but did'nt and am taking my chances with the tokens in the newspaper.
I dont think for a minute though that I will get my choice of parks, because i did'nt have a shot at booking online! My neighbour who had a priorty booking ref, was really dissapointed to only get her third date and choice of park, so even when booking online, it seems there's no guarentee you will get what you want.
Yes, according to the Sun they are sent out at randon, so i guess we've been unlucky.
:wave: ye i can only go on two dates but gave them 5 parks so fingers crossed :think
For those wishing to holiday during term time ,make sure you get a quote online to see how much it would be to book direct ....

as often you don't save much with the Sun once you add on entertainments passes

If going to one of the European sites or in school holidays though ,then you definitely make a good saving :)
I managed to get the site I wanted but 2nd date choice on Thursday evening, when the site opened and someone guessed the final code word!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.