Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hi i have just booked the same holiday for 27 july 2 weeks and i am wondering the same thing, some of the reviews of the hotel belsana are not very good. when are you going? i have read that you can only get 2 drinks at a time at the bar and the queues are really long, i am a bit worried now. :(
I'm going on August 7th, so you will still be there, can't miss me. big fat scots guy with oriental wife.
I read on another web site not a bad report. It said basically its a cheap holiday & you get reasonable value. Food basic but quite okay. I'm fine with that. We paid £3000 2 years ago in October & had basic food so this should be okay I think. Speed of drink service a big worry.
Hi,

I have just booked a holiday with this company to the Belsana flying out on 20/7/06. I have read good & bad reviews on other website's so will just have to wait & see.

I would be interested to see if anyone has used this company before?
And can anyone tell me, if they are any good.

Ta
hi, i booked a week in majorca with sun 4 u, back in 2005. they are not so bad actually, but i can only go on my personal experience. they will package you up your deal, but i am not sure if it is in the same way you would find it to be organised by, say, first choice or thomson. our flights were of the low cost variety with monarch (ie, not a charter) they were invoiced seperate from the accomodation and transfer, which was provided by resort hoppa (for which there is a thread somewhere on HT) resort hoppa were really the only element of the holiday that could have been a bit better. on arrival at palma (about 2.30am) we had a wait of 2 1/2 hours before we boarded the coach, this was because there was no coach to be seen rather than waiting for incoming flights. you do not have to book your transfer with sun 4 u, you can just take a flight and accomodation, then sort your own transfer, so i suppose if you are not keen on resort hoppa you can elimenate them from your trip anyway. the hotel we were provided with (africamar, ca'n picafort) was everything we had asked for, clean, close to the resort and we received the correct room allocation, so all in all, i would say we had a good experience with sun 4 U, but it was a one off, so i cannot comment on whether their good performance is alwaysa reliable
Hi Rich555 ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic. We also have another topic about the company in our DIY Holidays forum .. please click here.

David :wave
sun4udirect.com - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Booked a holiday on 19 August 2009 for a week in Costa Brava through Lastminute.com for 2 adults and 2 young children. After the initial booking on Lastminute you'd think it s all paid. then I get a call from sun4udirect asking for the actual payment, tell you that transfer is extra and so is the luggage on the plane, if I were to cancel at this stage, there will be cancellation charges. On arrival to Barcelona, it turns out we are 2 hours away from destination and it was a wrong airport to book.
Hotel was awful, dirty and loud, with 3 decades of solid dirt on display. Not suitable for children as we requested it, full of 18-30 parties! Hotel staff then tells us we are going to be moved to another hotel, no choice on that.
Tried to contact sun4udirect through their UK contact numbers, but are but are not available from abroad. Emailing them didn't help either and to this date they haven't responded.
DO NOT USE THEM! The classic travel agents equivalent of builders from hell I suppose. Once they ve got your money, you are stuffed!
You can't blame them for the airport - it'll have shown quite clearly that it was Barcelona and I presume you really wanted to fly into Gerona which is a lot nearer to the main resorts ie Calella etc?
DONT USE SUN4U DIRECT!!!

we were skepital as had read bad feedback! so was cautious when we phoned.

They use sites like ICE-LOLLY and teletext - (and note the exact same holiday was different price on each site - despite you ringing sun4u on same number 2 book)

And neither price u see on either website it correct.

luckily we had read about hidden costs other uses had had to pay, and when asked about these when they added up all the little bits here and there and finally gave us an excat quote it was other 100 more then either website had stated!

we ditched them, you should too!
:( i have just booked a holiday with sun4udirect or the other name they trade in, is beachsun holidays.i booked on the 1/3/10.yes I'm complaining already.i received my conformation email 2 days ago and guess what. they have overcharged me.86 pounds more than i agreed with them for my final holiday price and costs. i have been phoning them and i keep getting told they will look into it and get back to me. after 3 emails and 2 phone calls later, you guess it . they haven't replied to my request. so be warned, if you are thinking of booking through this company, don't, your cheap priced holiday wont be that cheap after all. WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF ANY PROGRESS, i doubt it though. :(
wont give me a refund when i had to cancel due to volcanic ash . wont reply to my emails . never ever book again with them
What do you mean by you had to cancel. Surely it was up to them to cancel?
Hi,Seems to be 2 different posts going on Holiday Truths re Sun4U ,this one contains 15 posts but the other contains 65 but anyway i am a little concerned as i booked a hotel & transfers with SUN4UDIRECT @ April 24, i paid in full 1389.00 for AI including transfers, i tried to book with low deposit but it wouldnt go thru so i rang them & they told me that it was due to being a late booking so i had to pay in full which is understandable as most earlier bookings have to pay the balance April/May, i received a confirmation as soon as i paid, it gave me a ref no & also stated that i would receive my full booking details within 24 hours, i never got them so my wife (disabled) rang them during the week asking when we could expect them & she was told that due to the ash problems they were backlogged sorting out cancellations & not to worry, well i am getting a bit bothered after coming across these 2 posts, i rang their booking hotline this morning ( 8.00 am) & did get to speak to a female who checked my booking and assured me eveything was ok, i told her that i had been reading thru all these complaints but she replied that they have had thousands of satisfied customers, that may be but they also said that the Titanic would not sink mmm, anyway she gave me a different number to ring so i will keep you informed :(
Hi aprd68,
Did you get your issue sorted? Hello. I'm trying to plan a holiday for me and the family. I've been hunting about and have found a good deal through Sun 4 U on teletext holidays. I've never booked through teletext before and feel a little nervous about doing it. Obviously if I google Sun 4 U, I'm more likely to read bad things about them than good. But i'm thinking, surely hundreds of people have booked through them, had no problems, and therefore don't feel the need to come onto the internet and review them?
You say you've found it on Teletext. Have you actually had the deal confirmed? If you use the Search option at the top of this screen you can see how misleading Teletext offers are sometimes.
Hi Steve,
Yip, I rang the number that was on teletext holidays and got through to Sun 4 U. The final price they quoted me was more expensive than the one quoted online. But I was expecting this, as the one online stated that the price excluded transfers and buggage allowance. Of course I could have not requested these when I was on the phone and it would have been the same price as that quoted online.

I've searched for the same holiday on other online holiday agents (same dates, same board basis etc) and it is working out considerably more expensive that that offered by Sun 4 U (via teletext).
i agree you can get what seems like a good deal . , but look carefully at small print with regards to cancellation . most companies give refunds if you cancel within a few days of booking . sun 4u charge 100 per cent if you cancel with in2weeks of booking . they then cancel your hotel ,who dont recieve payment . sun 4 u retains all of your money.
Hi BigBigB, I only booked the hotel & transfers with Sun4U the flights i booked earlier with Jet2 & heres another story but i will post it in the correct section, anyway i rang Sun4 U last sunday the 1st call i was told to ring customer svs after 9.30 am which i did, i got a female & all she would say was that due to the ash problem i would be getting my booking details later on , i asked her when would later on be but all she would say was as my hols are in july then there was plenty of time so i told her that the confirmation stated within 48 hours & i was not too happy with the negatives i had read on the forums about Sun4U she started to get a bit ratty cos i kept on about the forums & not receiving the booking details she then said that she was going to end this conversation & hang up i replied that i would be making some phone calls the following day regarding the way this was being handled, end of phone call
I checked my e mails about 2 hours later & lo & behold here was my transfer/hotel vouchers.
I booked online with Sun4U & if you scroll thru the available hotels you will find that some of the hotel s are listed twice with prices varying by quite a bit.
hope this helps
Glad to hear you got sorted asprd86.

Hopefully everything runs smoothly.

I kopped out today and ended up booking with Thomas Cook. This was for a few reasons, one of them being the reviews I've read about Sun 4 U.

Thanks for your stories/advice.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.