Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Goldtrail, Kiss and Sun4U cost CAA £40m

The collapse of Goldtrail, Kiss Flights and Sun4U will cost the Air Travel Trust (ATT) between £40m and £45m, according to the Civil Aviation Authority.

Following a meeting yesterday of the Air Travel Insolvency Protection Advisory Committee, which advises the CAA on financial protection, the ATT said it will be paying out to 112,000 Goldtrail passengers at a cost of £20m, 64,000 Kiss Flights passengers (costing £20m) and 4,200 Sun4U customers (£1m).

The CAA says no bond was provided by Goldtrail "as the company had traded for many years" but Sun4U had a £0.4m bond, now called in, and Kiss had a £1m bond, also now called in.

The ATT says it has sufficient resources to meet the claims.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi All
We have lost out on a Sun4U package which was sold to us through lastminute.com . The CAA are refusing to pay p because we do not have a legit Sun4U invoice. Even though Sun4 U have sent us all the information by email none of it constituted a formal invoice to the ssatisfaction of the CAA. I am now looking to take matters into my own hands and am looking for a pro forma. If anyone has one please send it to me at andy dot stead at ntlworld dot com. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with how lastminute work. Are you saying that they acted as a referer to Sun4u and after that you dealt directly with Sun4u (who didn't issue the correct invoice) or have lastminute acted as the agent and not passed on the Sun4u invoice?

Hopefully the CAA are questioning the wording and content of your email because if they are saying they don't accept anything that was emailed a lot of people are going to be in trouble
hi can some1 put this topic in the right place as i am new and dont no how to do it

can any1 tell me if they booked a holiday with sun4u and maid a claim with atol and if anyone has been paid out by atol thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.