Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: SUN4U
105 Posts
Now we need to choose a forum. Tour Operators/Travel Agents, Complaints or here in DIY. Probably best in either Tour Operators/Travel Agents or Complaints I think.
Could you lock all but one and leave reference links to the others??
That's an option too Steve but I think they may be better in the one forum? I'm a little concerned that those that are locked may feel miffed as their problem could be swallowed up? I was thinking maybe of Sun4u 1,2,3 in one forum? I know it sounds complicated especially as you are going between all 3 topic with assistance but am trying to keep all members happy :tup
trouble with having three even in the same forum is that after a while they'll drift apart as they get updated at different times.
My friends have booked accom only with sun 4 u travelling next month, i am quite worried now as there are so many bad comments on here !! Im booked with thomas cook but my friend found it alot cheaper with sun 4 u. Hope it all works out ok will let you all know when we arrive back !!
Hi,
Last month I went to Spain with my mum and my 3 year old daughter. I needed a break and I needed it to be cheap. I bought my holidays wit Sun 4 U. Only then I checked the reviews and I started to worry. To cut the story short: we had fantastic time, everything went smoothly. I will defenitely buy holidays with them again. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and we had nothing to complain about.
I would recommend it if you are on the budget
Thats brill, thanks for that. Its my friend who booked her accomodation with sun 4 u, i havent told her about all the bad reviews on here as i dont want her to worry. Just hope everything goes smoothly and that the accom is definetly booked !!! I have also noticed that the hotel we have booked is now 200.00 cheaper on there webiste than it was when she booked it a couple of weeks ago !!! again not gunna tell her as she will be gutted. Will let you know how she gets on and will post a report when we get back. cheers. x
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE
We booked 3 months ago to receive an e mail the saturday before we were due to leave ...tuesday
Not a phone call an e mail
changed our appartment to a hotel in the middle of nowhere and after calling and speaking to 7 customer service people who never did anything to change to someting resembling our original booking and they never returned calls ao we went
Met other couples who had the same experience and had to hire a car because nearest beach was only accesible by bus
If you want more info just askl me
Bob
hi, I am looking for someone who went on holiday with Sun4u I got back I booked online got my documets and when i arrived to the hotel they told me that my booking was cancled 2 days ago, I had to pay again 336 euros for my room ( hotel was great and staff was good) but the agency every time I called no one seem to help me now it's been a month I am tring to get hold of someone who will help me to get my money back. Can someone give me a advice?
thanks
Re SUN4 U
Thats nearly what happened to us see posting before yours I think only resort is to contact atol mabe they can intervene but sun never reply to problems as I said 7 customer agents and 2 e mails 0 was done
andulka

If you paid by credit card claim against the card issuer. You'll probably need written confirmation from the hotel that the booking had been cancelled in advance by Sun4U.
SUN 4 U
Dont ever ever ever book with this cowboy company ever. They are a total nightmare. Booked our holiday with them to fly at 7.ooam sat 24th July changed our flight at last minute to 11.20pm. U can never get through to customer services, they are rude, incompetant and have no interest in u as a customer at all. Arrived at Ibiza airport with no transfer which were included with holiday so had to pay for a taxi. No rep for 2 weeks either. They are a nightmare n would advise people to avoid them like the plague. TOTAL RUBBISH
My friends had no problems with this company thank god, i was so worried after all the bad reviews. Feel really sorry for the people who have lost there holiday now it has gone bust. good luck in getting you money back. x
having difficulty getting this web site up.Any chance you could tell me what it says? Hopefully son's booking is ok, he's been in touch with the hotel and they can'e see a problem as he paid in full in june by barclaycard.
Hi majorcagirl ... the content cannot be reproduced and the page has been revised a few times since last night, in fact I would say the advice has changed considerably, so it's best that you access the site for latest info and updates. Advice varies depending whether Sun4u was used by clients as a travel agent, a tour operator, or an accommodation only provider. If you are having trouble opening the page by left clicking on the link, try right clicking instead and see if there is an option to open from there. Let me know if that works for you.

David :wave
Hi i also booked holiday with sun4u and paid in full on 9th july i found the site through teletext holidays we were due to travel 27th aug so you can imagine how i felt on friday when i saw the news,anyway straight away i was on the phone only to hear recorded message ,my booking was with sun4u but my airline ticket information came from jet2 and the week before sun4u had ceased trading i had already checked in online with jet2,my first thought was to check with airline they reassured me my flights were paid for and my flights would still go ahead,my next thing was ringing the hotel in cala bona majorca only to be told my accommodation was cancelled.I then rang ABTA and explained my situation of having flights but no accommodation and was advised not to travel after a long discussion with my husband i decided i would rebook accommodation as we missed out on a holiday last year i spoke to a friend who works in a travel agency and she said i would eventually get my money back, i then spoke to a lovely lady at CAA who asked me how i paid for my holiday with sun4u and i told her visa electron i then got the good news that visa have what they call a CHARGEBACK SCHEME and to get in touch with my bank and monies will be refunded for the accomodation and transfers as sun4u also owned Bluebird Transfers so feeling really Happy with myself i decided to have another look at the holiday i had rebooked with Ola Holidays so went on trip advisor and found pages and pages of complaints about them i must say when i rang them yesterday i was dealt with by a young man called sunny he was very polite,and really helpful,when id finished making my booking he said i would recive email confirmation by monday, most of the complaints were about lack of communication,very rude and abrupt staff ,so im wondering if anyone out there has got anything nice to say as i am worrying now that i might have made yet another mistake in booking my holiday we have gone for allocation on arrival to majorca all inclusive so please let me read some good reviews/feedback x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.