Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Sunbathing
62 Posts
I don t know about other hotels but in the hotel Kanta women went topless without any problems. In fact the waiters didn t seem to mind having a look. You would get stared out of it on a beach in ireland as absolutely no one does it here. Though its funny that in Tunisia they let it go and we wouldn t.
i personaly don t agree with topless sunbathing anywhere as I just think its inappropriate and most people wouldn t do it at home so why abroad?

Have to say I found Tunisia to be a surprisingly liberal muslim country. As other Tunisian women I saw (in their 20's) were wearing bikinis and hanging around with their boyfriends on the beach. Maybe they have spent time abroad and are more openminded. I never saw any Tunisians walk into the sea fully clothed. My friend is Algerian and she wears a bikini in Algers on the beach. And her mother did as well when she was younger :o
For that reason I wouldn t worry too much about beach wear but nudity is another issue. Most hotels won t say anything but don t be surprised if you get alot of stares.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.