Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Booked with Sunmaster last August for 2 weeks at christmas. Got phone call within 10 mins to confirm. No problems at all, would use them again. Also found it to be the cheapest.
I wouldnt recommend booking with Sunmaster at all. If there are any delays, cancelled flights or disruptions they dont want to know. We were left at the airport for 14 hours when the Greek traffic control went on strike. We werent even offered as much as a bottle of water by Libra the tour operators and when we conacted Sunmaster on our return they didnt want to know.
http://www.sunmaster.co.uk/ any one used them before, if so what are they like? x
Hi

Has anyone very booked a holiday with the website Sunmaster , and would you recommend using them

Thanks

Jen
Hi I booked with them lat year for a holiday to Turkey in September, but unfortunatly we was flying with XL so was unable to fly on the day we was suppose to. We still went on holiday becasue we booked another flight independantly with Thomas Cook, we still used the accomodation that was booked through sunmaster, but on the 3rd day of our holiday the hotel manager told us that sunmaster had cancelled our hotel accomodation, we had to pay the hotel cash direct to them whilst we was there. When we got home we contacted sunmaster and they said that they would look into it. After about 6 weeks of us contacting them we did get our money back plus £50 for our trouble. To be fair to them they did send us a claim form very quickly to to claim for our flight and filled in there section. (although we are still waiting for our money back, thaqt is not there fault its the CAA). Would I book with them again, no I dont think so because they cancelled our hotel even though they knew that we was still going on holiday.
Hi jenni56

Only had 1 recent experience with this company and feeling a bit let down.

Was very impressed with their website prices and proceeded to book a holiday online a week ago with them. AFter filling in lead name etc and giving all card details I received an immediate confirmation email with a reference number saying a travel consultant would be in touch within 24 hours to go over the details. Because I was going away for the weekend and wouldnt be at home I phoned them to be told the holiday jumped up £70. Wasnt too happy but inwardly I was thinking that the original price was really good £506 for 2 of us for 14 nights). Then whilst the consultant was keying in all the details again I was then advised the holiday had jumped up to £640. So it went from £506 to £576 and then to £640. When I queried this and asked how that could be I was told "our system isnt live" !!! I was disappointed as I thought that I was actually booked the night before at the price on the website and on the confirmation email.

To cut a long story short I said forget it. Have since booked flights and accomodation separate at around £515.
Well, it just makes the old saying " if it looks to good to be true, it probably is " I wasn't sure what to do, but your comments have just made up my mind, I will try and see if I can get good prices else where. Only problem is living in Northern Ireland, our flights are so much more expensive than the ones you can get from the mainland.

Anyway, I will give it a try

Thanks

jenn
Hey we went to Lanzarote with them last march, everything was fine! ;)
Sunmaster are just the middlemen nothing else.
I've booked a holiday to Turkey with them in September. We haven't set off yet and have found the customer service to be lousy. It took eight phone calls and finally resorting to the complaints procedure to get my transfer voucher amended due to a change of flight time. Each time I phoned they told me they would send me the revised email right away and they never did. Then when I paid my final installment I was told they would send me a receipt, and guess what? They didn't. I only hope they manage to send my flight tickets, I'll keep my fingers crossed. What a terrible company :rage
I have booked a holiday to turkey through sunmaster and they have took a deposit, and for about three weeks i cannot get in touch with anyone to confirm anything about my booking or even to pay remainding balance, has anyone else experienced this with the same company, dont know whether im getting messed around and if i should cancel!
I booked my holiday in March this year and im supposed to be going in August.
Hi All
I have been looking at Sunmaster and they have some great prices, but cant seem to figure out if baggage for the flight is included. If anyone can help me out with this that would be fab :)
Also any info on the company itself would be much appreciated too.
THANKS...
Mandy
mandy
The luggage will depend on which airline the flight is with.

Sunmaster are a member of the Global Travel Group so they can package a holiday for you, but that doesn't mean to say that the holiday you book is necessarily a package.
Reviews seem to be mixed.
Has anyone ever booked a holiday with this company & are they ok? Seen a few holidays on their website which seem ok in price,they say you only pay for the children's flights.
Also can anyone recommend any tour operators/ travel agents / holiday websites i can have a look at that seem reasonable. I know some people say, you only get what you pay for but iv'e compared a holiday with 2 different companies & the prices have been a difference of £300.
Shasha, I've booked with them a couple of times, thei first time we had flights with Excel, and Sunmmaster were really helpful with the CAA claim. the second time, (last year) we had no problems. I did check them for this year, but Travel Republic & Easy Jet both came up cheaper for the hotel we wanted; I would always check them though, they do have some good deals.
Thankyou for your reply ;) your right they do have some good deals. But just thought it was better to ask as i'd never heard of them to be honest . . just happened to stumble upon there site while looking at holidays, thanx again.
Hi Shasha ... while you wait for further input, I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic about Sunmaster, so that you can read what other members have said about them over the years.

David :wave
Thankyou David, will take a look.
I used SunMaster o book an all-inclusive to Turkey in July 2013, their prices were ridiculously cheap but I did encounter a few problems with them.

Firstly they see a child as 17 or under, and give you a quote based on that price, but most airlines and hotels see a child as 12 and under, so your final price jumps up, rather than the original quote.

Secondly their communication is very, very poor. If you are the sort of person to want to speak on the phone to your travel company, do not use Sunmaster, they have about 4 people working in their office, and are all Indians who barely have a grasp of English, and they don't know the difference between Hand Luggage and Hold Luggage. To make an inquiry you have to wait for and hour and a half on a premium rate phone line, or wait 2 days minimum for an email reply.

But then the prices were incredibly cheap, I got a 4* hotel in Turkey in July for £335 per person, flights and transfers included.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.