Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Here's their website sunmaster.co.uk they are ATOL protected and are members of the Global Travel group.
Yes- I'd like to know about this company. seems to have changed its' name. Is it any good?
Hi just wondered if anyone has ever booked to go to Turkey with this company.. :D
Oooh How spooky I have just asked this on another board, so will look for replies as well :D
ive also seen good prices on ice lolly website and everytime you ring them its never available at that price but around £70-£100 pp more !!! so i dont look any more ,waste of time
Thanks for your replies think i will stick with Thomas cook :lol:
Destination Holidays is a sister site of Sunmaster. They are ATOL protected as Glynis said.

You only make a request for a holiday online and then they phone you back. This way you can pay just a deposit or the full payment; it's up to you.
Has anybody booked a holiday with Sunmaster.co.uk? They have given us a transfer voucher and said that someone will meet us at the airport with our name on a board. Has anyone had any trouble finding there transfer and is it a coach or a taxi? Hope someone can help.. :?
If someone is meeting you it will be outside the terminal building as this is where all the transfers pick up from . I've never had any problems finding my pick up , although it can be a bit chaotic at times especially if several flights have arrived around the same time . What we usually do is walk out of the terminal , and then one of us wait with the luggage while the other looks for a board with our name on it .
Not sure whether you will be on coach or in taxi , but i checked on sunmaster website and it says that your voucher should be given to the relevant bus driver / holiday rep on arrival ,, so i'd guess that its a coach .
has anyone booked wihtthem before or know anything about them, as they seem to ahev some really good deals but are they for real

any info thanking you
Mmmmmmm :hmmm

They say that they are members of ATOL on their website but I have been trying to find any reference to them on the ATOL website and there is nothing coming up for a member company by that name.

The don't supply an ATOL number either.

They say in their about us page that they are agents for ATOL protected tour operators, this would only give you some protection if the actual operator went bust not if Sunmaster got in to financial problems.

Unless somebody else is able to give you more specific details about them i.e. booked with them or has dealt with them I would be inclined to avoid them until you get more information.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

Graham
They are a member of the Global Travel Group which has a group ATOL and its own financial protection scheme. Also if they are selling tour operators holidays then the holiday would be covered by that tour operators ATOL.
Hi, I went on a Sunmaster holiday in April. Everything went fine except when they rang to verify holday the price of the flights had gone up by £30 each. You also dont get inflight meals or transfers. I would take price online add another £40 each and if it still beats everyone else then book it.

Hope this helps

Sally
You also dont get inflight meals or transfers.

This highlights something which sometimes arises as a complaint.

It is important when making a booking that YOU specify what you want.

I do suspect that some people still let the excitement of booking a holiday overcome them at times, that leads to complaints that they did not get what they wanted.

fwh
Has anyone used Sunmaster lately?

It's just I'm looking to book for next Oct and their prices are coming in at roughly £100 cheaper than travel Republic!!!!!

It just seems too good to be true :roll:
Hi, i used Sunmaster this October all tickets and information arrived on time and correct, i would just advise you to call the booking centre instead of putting in an online request as when they responded i was told the flight prices had increased £50 pp :roll: which i've heard is quite common with them, so get an up to date price via phone.
But other than that the booking was trouble free.
Would book again if the price was right but would definately phone and check first.

Hope i've been of help

Katy :D
Thanks Katy,

Did they tell you about the price increase at the time of booking or when you came to pay the balance?

Thanks
Glad to be of help, what happens is you enter your personal info and card details when you put in a booking request online then they'll process your information and send you back a confirmation email within 24hrs and debit your account, but they called me before it was debited to say that the flight price had gone up £50pp in the period between my request and their confirmation so if i wanted to continue with the booking id have to pay the extra £50pp and with it being a few weeks before my holiday i accepted the extra cost. But as i said if i booked with them again i'd do it over the phone and you can pay the advertised price immeadiately so there's no time for the price to increase. Happy Booking!

Katy
Katy,

Just thought I'd keep you posted-finally booked through TR-----as when I rang Sunmaster they wanted about £200 more than the internet price---------in fact the on-line price was less than the flight price-----------TR gave me a price which only worked out £75 more than the original Sunmaster quote??????? including hotel etc
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.