Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, Obzor is much quieter and in the Balkan Brochure, forget Golden Sands/Albena as it can be up to 5 hours coach transfer. I have posted a "where to eat in Sunny Beach" on the forum. Tonyt
Thank you Tony.....I'll have a look at hotels there..........I think they will be ok for eateries..... daughters BF is a chef and used to work with a Bulgarian guy who is at present working in a sushi bar in Sunny Beach.... They were in touch with him and his wife last night and they are going to meet up.....think they have arranged to eat with them in a couple of places if they can get time off work.....I've made a list of the places you've suggested as well
Looked into Obzor and they want twice as much to stay there.......can anyone recommend a hotel on the outskirts of Sunny Beach
Have you thought of OLD Nesebar, this would be smaller family run hotels or flats., plenty of bars for the evening entertainment. Tonyt
OMG they want £1200 for 2 of them SC.......think I might
have to just book the flight through Balkan and look into DIY for hotel as all their package deals are really expensive to anywhere else but Sunny Beach
OK thinking of going for one of these 2 hotels.....Smoylan or Lira Club....both outside main resort but within easy walking distance....both have decent reviews and air cond in rooms....one even has free wifi......really cheap deals......at just ove £750 for the 2 of them including baggage and transfers
The FCO (The Foreign and Commonwealth Office) have just updated their travel advice of Bulgaria and certain areas of the country, Sunny Beach has been highlighted for the rise in crime towards tourists with a rise in hotel room burglaries and crime associated with prostitution.

Before Travelling PLEASE READ
http://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/bulgaria
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.