Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sunny beach
11 Posts
Hi, some reviews and photos on [LINK REMOVED] by the way did warn Ivan. Tonyt.
Thanks Tony We decided to go to S/B and to use the taxi for a day out at G/S to see our friends .Thanks again for the info on the tax :wave:
hi June
what happened with your grandson? Was he on the beach at the time? Were the police helpful?
Yes it was on Beach. Tonyt
Horrible thing to happen. I hope it didn't completely ruin his holiday. We had another member who lost her purse and kindle on a beach in Spain. It did really affect her holiday.
My grandson and friends were sitting on the beach ,when they were going back to hotelhe found his wallet and phone gone three lads were sitting behind them on the beach ,thats where it happened resort was S/B
So not locals then? I hope he didn't lose too much money. Its a tough lesson to learn. I often wonder if the thief ever considers the effect of their actions on others.
The phone was the biggest loss to him .He had 100 lev in his wallet ,but he was more upset by getting his phone stole .
Hi Tony ,Fiona it was locals who stole his property police were not much help to him .Insurance wont pay out on phone as they said he should have got statement from police ,and description of the theif .Has sort of put me of going now .But will be very carefull when we go in August June
June
Don't let it put you off. Just think safety. I have been to places where robberies are rife. What I tend to do is never wear any expensive jewellery. When I was in Cape Town and Rio I wouldn't even wear any costume jewellery which looked expensive. I never take my phone out with me on holiday. It is kept for the hotel and put in the safe when I am not using it. We don't ever take more money than we think we will need. Also in Rio OH kept a nominal amount in his pocket and hid the rest.However I do nowadays have a kindle if we are on the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.