Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Accommodation
42 Posts
me and my boyfriend are travelling wit sunways but by air but i think the airline is Monarch!they seem to be quite cheap but we haven't been on our holiday yet so dont know if it is good value for money!will post on return!
Are all - inclusive Sunway Coach Holidays cheaper than the Ferris ones ?
sometimes.
depends on when you go and where.
why not get a brochure from each company and compare.
websites for both are below
http://www.sunways-direct.com/home.htm
http://www.ferriscoachholidays.co.uk/
Hello all

We are going on coach holiday for the first time to Aqua Marina Hotel at the beginning of September. Does anyone have any tips or information on how to handle the journey from dover?

And any information on the hotel would be great as well!

Thanks

Ross
NOT STAYED IN THIS HOTEL but have stayed in the oassis park which is opposite and must say the aqua marina looked very good. it is in the fanels area which is very good you are about 10mins walk to the small beach there is a few bars around your hotel ,popeyes,bravehart,the robin hood,busbys and some nice places to eat. plus it is only a nice 20mins walk to the main resort

hoped i have helped you the fatboy
thanks fatboy never been on a coach holiday looking for tips on the journey travelling with sunways
travelling with sunways in four weeks to costa brava anyone have any comments regarding the journey thanks
Can you tell us a bit more info, are there kids travelling with you.
with an idea of this we can maybe give a bit more help. last year i travelled by coach with 5 kids under 13 so can help with some advice there
just two adults travelling all tips etc needed thanks
Just make the travelling part of your holiday. I have made this journey 8 times, always travelled with Ferris and had good journeys , both going and coming back home. The hostesses have always been very good coming around with light refreshments, soft drinks , tea, coffee, pot noodles and cup of soups. An assortment of films are shown, suitable for children and adults.

I normally take a good book and magazines. Always make the most of the rest stops and get off and stretch your legs and use the bathrooms, ( i have never had to use the toilet on board the coaches ) i take a light travel rug as i find the coach can get chilly in the night , also a small pillow or cushion to rest your head.

I hope you have a good journey and a really great holiday

Lynne
thanks lyn can yougive us a rough breakdown as to time scale of journey we have to be at dover at 2 pm ross
I travel from South Wales and usually we are usually picked up around 8am, normally have 1 or 2 pick ups and then head for Dover and if we are lucky catch the 1pm ferry , the latest we have ever arrived at our hotel on the Costa Brava has been 10am .Which is not bad with the 1hours time difference .

Lynne
thanks lynne a great help this is a whole new venture for us and trying to get as much info as we can ross
Off topic slightly so i do apologise......... sent a pm about area and hotel
thanks lynne have not received your personal reply as of yet ross
Ross

Check at the top of the page, along the line that says "Watched topics". Near the end it should say "You have 1 new message". You can select to have pop ups to alert you to new PM's in your profile. If you have a pop up stopper, you would have to allow pop ups from holidaytruths.co.uk.

luci :wave
thanks lynne great help cant wait for the start of our new adventure ross
Ross,

Just to confirm timings...

We've travelled frequently from Sheffield - 8am start and been on the ferry/tunnel by mid afternoon and arrived in resort by mid morning. Last year was exceptional in that we were there unloaded at the hotel in Calella by 9am and we got into our room by lunchtime having had a early lunch and beer in Papa's :)
Take a book or a couple of mags, films on the bus, use the rest stops and take a cushion for your heads. Consider it once you board you're on your way, no long waits in airports as you're constantly moving.

It really works out well, we get two holidays for the price we would have paid for one flying.
have a look at this thread
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=74796
it will give you some more info.
most coach firms tend to get to spanish resorts about 8.00/9.00am.
all coaches normally stop every 4 hours or so, normally at rheims,dijon,montpelier or somewhere very close to these places on the motorway.
it can be expensive to buy crisps/juice at these stops but sandwiches are usually reasonable.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.