Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Fair enough, if by all over the country you mean England!

Yet another company that equates Britain to mean England! There are a severe lack of coach companies that go from my neck of the woods now :(
amen cidermonster !!
Scotland is just a village in England!!
I'm sure that "Redcrest" will once again rise from the ashes just like the phonex after all they did before. meantime if anyone has any info on coach companes going from Scotland I'd appreciate it as well
mary :roll:
My friends sister worked for Redcrest (on the coaches) and is doing her last trip this weekend picking up passengers.

According to her Redcrest are being taken over as her boyfriend has been asked to take over the Spanish side of the operations.
The rumour seems to be that Reays will take over the operation, after all they did run the coaching side for Redcrest.

Nothing concrete yet though, but fingers crossed, and let's hope they remember their good service from Scotland!
I spoke with Reays just prior to the announcment and of course nothing was said however, there is a family connectio between the directors of Redcrest and the director of Reays (brothers I think) Let's hope they get foating again soon !
Mary 8)
We have just 'coached' it to Blanes - Camping La Masia - with Sunways. We truly cannot fault them. We have coached before (with Ferris) so knew what to expect. The journey was OK althought we were delayed by P & O. :( I know they don't pick up in Scotland - shame.
While we were there we spoke to a 'Siesta coach holidays' rep. He told us that Siesta had now taken over all the Redcrest caravans at La Masia.
Our Sunways caravan was basic but adequate. The Siesta vans looked bigger and better. I believe Sunways are cheaper though. We shall be travelling with Sunways again.
Havent heard anymore as to what has happened to the Redcrest acccom. Im sad to hear that Siesta have taken those ones over that you mention, if this happens in Castell Montgri it will give a virtual monopoly in that site.....if Siesta or Club took over the Redcrest pitches they would have a real big area!! Still hope that Reays are doing their best for next season, but dont know what will happen!

Glad you enjoyed your coaching holiday, Sunways sound like a good company! Pity we dont get them up here, we get stuck with Siesta and the likes :( :( :(
does anyone know how much leg room you have on these coaches?
also do you have the change over in the south.
any info on the journey would be appreciated. :?
I found the whole Sunways experience very pleasant. We were picked up at a motorway service area on the M62, which is only 2 miles from home. We did not have to change coaches at any point. The journey was direct - straight down the M1 ( with a few pick ups at services ) then on to Dover. We had a long delay at the ferry port, but to be fair that was down to P & O and not Sunways.
The coach was comfortable, leg room adequate, but not as roomy as Siesta's club class. ( Travelled with Siesta 6 years ago)
The hostess service was excellent. Anne was friendly and knowledgable, so were the drivers. We had a good selection of videos; some for the children e.g. Superman, and others suitable for adults e.g. Pretty Woman. We also had a raffle on the way out.
We shall travel with Sunways again. This was out third time with them. We have also travelled with Ferris but didn't like their smoking policy - anytime and anywhere on the coach.
ferris coaches now only let you smoke in designated room(which is air-conned on platinum coach) which is big enough for about 2 people, otherwise it is no smoking except at stopping points.
i tried their smoking room earlier this year,(didn't like it-nor the way certain people seem to think it is their room) but even though i smoke like a chimney i still prefer the non smoking coaches.
wont stop me going ferris again though.
Dunno how i feel about a smoke room to be honest, i can see the pros and cons.

It might be a good thing if it stops the idiots who nip into the chemical toilet for a fag (yep, they do!! :roll: ) and it might cut down the amount of stops at night when the smokers always seem to roam from the coach when its only a driver changeover.

However, even with the aircon, i wouldnt like to be positioned anywhere on the coach that was near the smoke room, i cant imagine the smell being very pleasant to a non smoker like myself .. i find aircon never really removes everything!
for some reason, this forum blocks the word c - o - n , hence the question marks in my above post :?:
Fixed ... 'aircon' is better (no spaces). The other word is automatically blocked as it was being used too frequently by some members in a libelous manner.

David :wave
candida.
thanks for the info,its a great help.
going to book with sunways for next june.
been to pineda before so we know location of hotels,which helps.
angelica :lol:
Hi Rosie
I havent been with this one but went with beach club holidays last year , never again as we were parceled of to siesta at the last miniute and had a terrible journey to costa brava and back.
The one that seems to be really good is ferris coach holidays and they come from cardiff thats who weve booked through this year. I beleive they too pick up all over the place and are very good price wise
hope this helps
regards,
Fiona
thought i'd bring this back to top as i've been looking at their prices and can see some good deals for this year.
my main concern is the leg room on the coach(being 6'3").
tried ferris , but can only travel on their Platinum coaches and that is my probable choice for this year, but if sunways do have plenty leg room i would be tempted to go with them as they have some hotels/deals i am interested in.
can anyone provide this info.
thanks.
going with sunways to hotel mar blau in calell,in 22days time (not that iam counting the days )
everything ok with them so far,just waiting for tickets to arrive.
when we booked i told them i was diebetic on insulin. no problem they said we can carry it on coach fridge,then make sure you have a space in hotel fridge.
which nobody has done before.
but will post when we return .
regards angelica
going with sunways to hotel mar blau in calell,in 22days time (not that iam counting the days )
everything ok with them so far,just waiting for tickets to arrive.
when we booked i told them i was diebetic on insulin. no problem they said we can carry it on coach fridge,then make sure you have a space in hotel fridge.
which nobody has done before.
but will post when we return .
regards angelica
Ferris have always been very helpful with transporting our insulin, also the hotels we have used always allow us use of the fridges .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.